Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF SYD International First Lounge Evening Access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF SYD International First Lounge Evening Access?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You can if you travel on the seasonal QF5 (SYD-PER-FCO), that is an evening service and operates from T1 (note it is subject to international rules for security). IIRC it only operates 3/4 days each week.
And if you can switch to MEL, there is the daily MEL-PER-LHR QF9 which operates from the MEL international terminal (departs just after 3:00pm)
I will be flying MEL-PER on this in early September, looking forward (already!) to trying out the QF F lounge in MEL

ETA: Mwenenzi beat me to it
djsflynn likes this.

Last edited by pandaperth; Jul 30, 2023 at 4:37 pm Reason: Mwenenzi beat me to it :))
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
No worries, I made it more for the masses, from the recent posts it seems like QF F lounges (calamari, pavlova etc) are considered out of the world food and the massage function so great that people will wake up hours before am early morning 9.30am flight (6am to 7am meaning what a 5am wake up?) or come to the airport for hours before for a flight to get hope of a massage that can be described as average at best. I would not arrive any earlier than I need to for a flight out of SYD. But it seems it seems to be that people want hours here - hey it is SYD outside! , and my experience does not justify it, Sorry that we try to make that clear on your thread as it drifted.
On people rocking up many many hours before a flight: I suspect most first-time Platinums do this, and several continue to do it, but having spent hours in the lounge, there's honestly only so much of it you can take... it's a lovely lounge, but it's also still a lounge.

Look, I am someone who does get to the lounge hours before a 9.30am flight, but that's more because I live on Sydney's northside and I want to avoid the peak-hour traffic jam, so I'll typically be in an Uber by 6am, SYD around 6.30am, lounge by 6.45am-7am, and then I can enjoy a relaxed breakfast and get a little work done. Sometimes I'll follow that same pattern for a late morning or early arvo flight and book one of the office suites to serve as 'my' office for the morning, again to plough through some work, so it'll like a normal day for me. But I couldn't imagine rocking up at like 6-7am for a 3-4pm flight and just sitting around eating, drinking, binge-viewing on the laptop or whatever.

PS and FWIW, these days I almost get a perverse pleasure from having minimal F Lounge time LOL. A while back I had a number of must-do-at-the-office things queue up, so I got into the lounge maybe 45m before the flight began boarding and you known what? It was still just the same as a 90m experience in my books, sans massage which is hit-and-miss for booking at the best of times. Relax in the dining room, enjoy breakfast and then off to the gate.
seanp7 and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jul 31, 2023 at 2:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.