Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to find original booking class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF

I have an international flight booked and I'm trying to request an upgrade. The points it's saying I need for the upgrade are as if I booked regular economy when I'm sure I booked flexible economy. I've changed my flight about 5 times over the phone and I'm just wondering if it's been rebooked under a different class somehow?

Is there somewhere I can see what booking class I originally paid for?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Do you not have original e mail confirmation and e ticket? I assume for each change e ticket provided?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nivsy
Do you not have original e mail confirmation and e ticket? I assume for each change e ticket provided?
I do but I can't find the booking class on there..
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold

Does this help?

How to find your fare class

It is possible to see what fare class you’ve booked after the booking is completed through “Manage Your Booking” on the Qantas website. Simply expand your itinerary details and there will be a letter next to the class of travel denoting the fare class:

Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:06 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

Does this help?

It is possible to see what fare class you’ve booked after the booking is completed through “Manage Your Booking” on the Qantas website. Simply expand your itinerary details and there will be a letter next to the class of travel denoting the fare class:

That does not work for me - checking an upcoming domestic Y award booking.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ

Does this help?

Unfortunately that won't work for the OP as he he is looking for the fare class for his original booking, not his current booking. I would agree that the original e-ticket would be the best source for this information.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minz56
Unfortunately that won't work for the OP as he he is looking for the fare class for his original booking, not his current booking.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by minz56
I would agree that the original e-ticket would be the best source for this information.
Any clue on where it might be hidden? I've scoured it and can't find any indication on there.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it a refundable , without penalty, ticket? Only Y,B and H classes are 'Flexible Economy' as it pertains to upgrades and these fares would generally IME be refundable and changeable without a penalty

What is the booking class that you have now?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is it a refundable , without penalty, ticket? Only Y,B and H classes are 'Flexible Economy' as it pertains to upgrades and these fares would generally IME be refundable and changeable without a penalty

What is the booking class that you have now?
At the moment it's showing (K) which is economy saver. I thought I had booked flex, as I usually do and as the outbound leg was. I've changed the flight several times but that might have been allowed because of the "fly flexible" thing.

The thing is the flight has been changed by a few call centre agents of varying levels of knowledge, sometimes put on hold for half an hour while they did it, sometimes told I have to pay a fee when I didn't, sometimes told the ticket "hasn't been issued" yet (even though I've flown the first leg).. and I'm wondering if it's possible one of them cancelled and rebooked me on to a lower class?

I just want to find out for sure what I originally booked.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Easiest way to know for sure would be to phone and ask
K seems a likely class to book when wanting something that is flexible - what is the route, price paid and dates of travel - may then be able to tell whether you booked K or H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.