Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Allegedly Spirit of Australia" to be removed from QF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold

Wonder if there is any truth that the author of ",Spirit of Australia" Philip Adams, wants the reference to be removed from all merchandise and aircraft belonging to QF as the airline continues to slump in customer support and expectations. Well no surprise really!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I believe Qantas have the phrase trademarked.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
I believe Qantas have the phrase trademarked.
Ah..most likely and probably payed handsomely for it. The spirit lives on. 😮
QG likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: QF Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
Wonder if there is any truth that the author of ",Spirit of Australia" Philip Adams, wants the reference to be removed from all merchandise and aircraft belonging to QF
Daily Mail published a story about this. It says Adams was stripped of his Chairman's Lounge membership. Without using these terms, it's almost as if Adams were now attempting to exercise moral rights and claim current usage constitutes derogatory treatment prejudicial to his honour or reputation. In regard to copyright, moral rights can't be waived, sold, or given away in Australia; but copyright isn't the same thing as a trademark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.