Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Airport Conditions at Start of School Holidays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold

On QF11 Syd-Lax next Friday , what is the likely hood of mayhem at Sydney Airport being the start of the school holidays, I am in business I presume that I don't need to do check in on a screen and there are dedicated staff to check me in.

Any advice on how many hours in advance I need to get to the airport, I am counting on 3 hours before 1015 flight.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:52 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robertr
On QF11 Syd-Lax next Friday , what is the likely hood of mayhem at Sydney Airport being the start of the school holidays, I am in business I presume that I don't need to do check in on a screen and there are dedicated staff to check me in.

Any advice on how many hours in advance I need to get to the airport, I am counting on 3 hours before 1015 flight.
Beginning of school holidays. J check in is very, very busy. I would arrive at T-3 hours. Express path, however, is back open.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Beginning of school holidays. J check in is very, very busy. I would arrive at T-3 hours. Express path, however, is back open.
Many thanks Mohamed
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat} These posts were moved from the Seat Guide. [/mod hat]
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Funny that even though news reports slam Qantas for delays most of the pictures of queues to bag drop are Virgin queues - at least from the reports I've seen from MEL. So a quick few questions (as myself and Mrs BD are leaving from MEL T1 this coming Saturday):

1. Are people experiencing delays dropping bags with "coasters" - so there are no delays queuing for tags?
2. What are the premium security lines looking like early morning at MEL T1?

Will update this thread myself after my T1 experience on 2-JUL-22.

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.