Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can you book QF codeshare operated by Emirates with Qantas Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Is it possible to fly on QF codeshare operated by Emirates using Qantas miles/points (Europe - Aus)? Taking it one step further, is it possible to fly on a QF flight number (operated by Emirates) with American Airlines AAdvantage miles?

Many thanks
Old May 23, 2022, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No. You can not book award travel on those codeshares
Old May 23, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Is it possible to fly on QF codeshare operated by Emirates using Qantas miles/points (Europe - Aus)? Taking it one step further, is it possible to fly on a QF flight number (operated by Emirates) with American Airlines AAdvantage miles?
Flights booked with ff miles are almost always native flight numbers, There are a very few cases with airlines in the south west pacific where awards are on codeshares.

What route EU AU? AA partners QR & EY (2 of the 3 ME3) fly from many EU cites to DOH/AUH to AU. And then some other Oneworld airlines can get you EU to AU.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Flights booked with ff miles are almost always native flight numbers, There are a very few cases with airlines in the south west pacific where awards are on codeshares.

What route EU AU? AA partners QR & EY (2 of the 3 ME3) fly from many EU cites to DOH/AUH to AU. And then some other Oneworld airlines can get you EU to AU.
I was specifically looking at Qantas from Dublin to Sydney.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
I was specifically looking at Qantas from Dublin to Sydney.
As said before, you cannot book the codeshare using miles. Why would you want to even if you could? booking codeshares just creates additional problems when issues arise
PbodyPhoto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.