Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Please can anyone help - contacting Qantas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please can anyone help - contacting Qantas?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

OneWorld prrovides a listed set of benefits for passengers and I have never not received them

There is no ripoff in treating customers 2 unrelated bookings as 2 unrelated bookings

Last edited by Dave Noble; Mar 10, 2022 at 11:26 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Need to change flight departing today and spent the past few days on hold, maybe 7 or 8 hours so far but no cigar. Cannot make changes online.

Will Qantas waive any no show or penalties later, and reinstate another flight, given I couldn’t get through on their call centre? Assuming I can get hold of them or try them at the airport.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davidj1
Need to change flight departing today and spent the past few days on hold, maybe 7 or 8 hours so far but no cigar. Cannot make changes online.

Will Qantas waive any no show or penalties later, and reinstate another flight, given I couldn’t get through on their call centre? Assuming I can get hold of them or try them at the airport.
There is no longer a service desk at the airport. I suggest you use the numbers above.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidj1

Flying from where to where?
QF have removed service desks from AU airports. At the airport people are told to phone QF
Don't like your chances of QF being sympathetic.

AFF thread-->https://www.australianfrequentflyer....-times.100543/

Edit
QF provides a chair at the airport while waiting on the phone for QF to answer
Qantas “Enhances” Call Centre Experience at the Airport
nivsy and davidj1 like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 13, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is no longer a service desk at the airport. I suggest you use the numbers above.
And as op indicates cannot get any answer? What then? Maybe a response of "well probably your own fault for wanting to change your flight"...😤 QF remain awful in customer relations.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:06 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nivsy
And as op indicates cannot get any answer? What then? Maybe a response of "well probably your own fault for wanting to change your flight"...😤 QF remain awful in customer relations.
I do not disagree. 82,000 pax flying from SYD domestic alone today.

The numbers above, however, should go to the front of the queue, even without status.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mandolino
Thanks all,
Just tried both those numbers from UK:
+61 300 024 715
+61 300 659 115
All I get is "You've dialled an incorrect number. Please check and try again"

Is there a new number?
I've been trying to change the ABZ-LHR connecting flight to QF10 from Monday morning to Sunday night, to give me a more secure connection, what with storms forecast up here and all else going on in the world.

Can't change it on Qantas site, they say I have to contact BA. Can't get through to anyone by any means at BA.
the former mr pants tells me there are phone calls supplied at airports for IRROPS that are guarded like nuclear launch codes and change every few days. Unsure if anyone can confirm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants
the former mr pants tells me there are phone calls supplied at airports for IRROPS that are guarded like nuclear launch codes and change every few days. Unsure if anyone can confirm
Correct. Current ones are:

1300 025 396
1300 659 116
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:00 pm

Yes the old 1300 numbers in this thread were not working yesterday.

Made one last attempt yesterday and got through to an SA rep using the SG number after 40 mins. Managed to get the changes made 6 hours before the flight.

Good luck to those trying to get through. I'll be making a booking next time based on the non-existant customer service (ie. QFA will probably be a last option).

The actual flight experience I must say was much better, however.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Flying from where to where?
Departing SIN
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:45 pm

Rather continually repost, the updated numbers can be found at the top of this thread:

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....-times.100543/
davidj1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
It is ball-achingly ridiculous that I have to find numbers on a FF website in order to get through. They don’t even answer DMs on twitter despite their “24/7 availability”.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
It is ball-achingly ridiculous that I have to find numbers on a FF website in order to get through. They don’t even answer DMs on twitter despite their “24/7 availability”.
Call centre wait times have significantly improved.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I'd agree with call centre times improving. I have zero status, in March took hours of being on hold. Called yesterday and call was answered with and issue dealt with, including liaising with another division within 7 minutes. So things are definitely getting better.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Improved? Nonsense, I spent 2+ hours on hold on the numbers shown on my ticketing, emails, and the FF website, across 4 or 5 attempts last week, using UK and Australian contact numbers. Nobody answered. I then plucked a number off here , and got thru to what I think was the Sth African call centre in about 5 mins. I shouldn’t have to do that.
DMs on twitter remained unanswered for 6 days now.
nivsy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.