Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Changes to a classic reward redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

The scenario.
looking at booking MEL to LHR on a classic rewards redemption on Qantas.
I have found 5 redemption tickets available next month which are hard to come by.

Qantas states that any classic redemption can be changed free of charge.

If I was to book these 5 tickets but have no plans to travel on those dates is it possible to make free changes to travel August next year (where currently I cannot see availability)??

Essentially seeing if this is a hack to enable travelling on the dates I want even though 5 classic reward tickets are not available.

Cheers
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: OW Emerald
There has to be availability on the new date too, if the change is voluntary.
henrus likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:29 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wramsey1980
The scenario.
looking at booking MEL to LHR on a classic rewards redemption on Qantas.
I have found 5 redemption tickets available next month which are hard to come by.

Qantas states that any classic redemption can be changed free of charge.

If I was to book these 5 tickets but have no plans to travel on those dates is it possible to make free changes to travel August next year (where currently I cannot see availability)??

Essentially seeing if this is a hack to enable travelling on the dates I want even though 5 classic reward tickets are not available.

Cheers
This isnt a strategy. Booking 5 tickets you found nine months earlier than you wish to travel has no advantage.

In fact, youll pay quite expensive taxes now rather than later.

Just because you secure five tickets in November doesnt guarantee you tickets next August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.