Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Cancelling one leg of one-way or multi-city classic reward?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP

Hey everyone, planning to fly OOL-MEL-AKL with the MEL-AKL leg a couple of weeks later than the OOL-MEL. Plans could change though so just wondering, is it possible to cancel one leg of a classic reward (MEL-AKL) if it's one way, or multi-city, or both?
Old May 2, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...ards.html#faqs
Old May 2, 2021, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP
I've seen this page but it doesn't specifically answer my question about cancelling another leg after having already flown one.
Old May 2, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: NZ
Given that you are having a stopover in MEL, isn't this just two awards? If so, book them separately then you can cancel MEL/AKL if necessary.

In Economy:
OOL/MEL 12,000 points
MEL/AKL 18,000 points
OOL/MEL/AKL (using multi-city tool) 30,000 points

ETA: on the multi-city booking I just went through to the page that gives the taxes due and the T&C's of the booking which, amongst other things, states the following:

• If your booking contains only Classic Flight Reward, then the following conditions apply:
  • Refunds or re-credit will not be allowed once travel has commenced, even if remaining travel is not completed.

Last edited by minz56; May 2, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Old May 3, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by minz56
Given that you are having a stopover in MEL, isn't this just two awards? If so, book them separately then you can cancel MEL/AKL if necessary.

In Economy:
OOL/MEL 12,000 points
MEL/AKL 18,000 points
OOL/MEL/AKL (using multi-city tool) 30,000 points

ETA: on the multi-city booking I just went through to the page that gives the taxes due and the T&C's of the booking which, amongst other things, states the following:
Given there is totally free cancellation at the moment, I would book as two separate awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.