Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lounge Experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
New Lounge Experience

I flew SYD-BNE last week on QF, the only lounge operating was the J lounge.

What a debacle.

Thanks to the world now being run by Karens, you have to line up at the bar just to get a cup of tea or a glass of water. 15+ people lined up at some points.

I couldn't get a friand myself - apparently is much safer if a QF staffer hands one to me (to be fair, the berry ones are a lot better than the snacks they had pre-KARENVID-19).

No newspapers. No self-serve anything. No table service (tables cleared quickly, but you want - you get off your butt and get in line).

Lounge was maybe 15% full (8:45am - 10am).

This is worse than post-9/11.
DC9 and jrfsp320 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 11:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by shillard
I flew SYD-BNE last week on QF, the only lounge operating was the J lounge.

What a debacle..
Suppose with all the cleanliness there was no one wiping down the escalator hand rails and indeed nobody bothering to use hand san on entering (like almost everywhere now..)?
SomersetTraveller likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by og
Suppose with all the cleanliness there was no one wiping down the escalator hand rails and indeed nobody bothering to use hand san on entering (like almost everywhere now..)?
Pretty much.

I had my plague doctor kit on though so I was good. I'll just apply some leeches to get the COVID-19 humours out of my blood.
og likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.