Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas staff consider class action alleging airline failed to protect against Covid19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas staff consider class action alleging airline failed to protect against Covid19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ainst-covid-19
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Great, so who exactly will that benefit? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Great, so who exactly will that benefit?
The lawyers (on both sides)!
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great, so who exactly will that benefit? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
At a guess it will benefit those staff members that got infected if, as alleged, the company failed to take adequate provisions to protect them
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:02 am

I think the Two Ronnies did this conversation better

Cedar Jet and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
At a guess it will benefit those staff members that got infected if, as alleged, the company failed to take adequate provisions to protect them
Please, spare me. Perfect time to be kicking dead horses.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:04 am

Please, spare me. Perfect time to be kicking dead horses.
Spare you what? either Qantas was negligent or it wasn't . If it was, then why shouldn't it be held to account by those impacted by it
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: QF WP
I highly doubt a WHS claim will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. They’re a business not a charity, it’s no more immoral for the staff to seek redress than for the organisation to make whatever decisions they made in the first place. Besides, they almost certainly have insurance against this kind of thing
pandaperth likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:24 pm

We have become worse than the Americans with litigation. I guess posturing ambulance chaser lawyers and unions don't ever miss a beat.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:44 pm

We have become worse than the Americans with litigation. I guess posturing ambulance chaser lawyers and unions don't ever miss a beat.
So - if a company is negligent in protecting its employees, the employees should just take it?

Getting infected with this disease is worse than having a flight cancelled - yet I don't know many people advocating that people shouldn't press for EC261 compensation when it is due

But yes - blame the victims for having the gall to not just accepting what happened

If it turns out that there is no answerable case, I doubt that it will get ti trial or , if it does, the airline will win the case
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: QF WP
I can confirm that Australia is still significantly behind America and the UK in terms of ambulance chasing lawyers. Ahead of NZ of course but that’s a different kettle of fish entirely
ozgal and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.