Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Celebrate taking off into the Spirit of Australia's centenary year with 100 Golden Ti

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate taking off into the Spirit of Australia's centenary year with 100 Golden Ti

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Anyone here get one of the £205 tickets last November. I was due to fly 11th April but obviously that is going to be cancelled now. Qantas pushing me to take credit voucher. Wondering if we just get £205 credit and then have to pay the difference on a new flight if I booked say for November 2020, or do we get credit for what a flight would have cost if I booked normally last November 2019
Also as flight will probably be cancelled, would I be entitled to full refund of the £205 if I asked for cash refund and would there be fees for claiming cash refund. I also booked seat reservation. Would I get that back too?

They suppose to be contacting me in the week, but thought I would ask here first to see if anyone knows the answers. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gocat
Anyone here get one of the £205 tickets last November. I was due to fly 11th April but obviously that is going to be cancelled now. Qantas pushing me to take credit voucher. Wondering if we just get £205 credit and then have to pay the difference on a new flight if I booked say for November 2020, or do we get credit for what a flight would have cost if I booked normally last November 2019
Also as flight will probably be cancelled, would I be entitled to full refund of the £205 if I asked for cash refund and would there be fees for claiming cash refund. I also booked seat reservation. Would I get that back too?

They suppose to be contacting me in the week, but thought I would ask here first to see if anyone knows the answers. Thanks in advance.
The flight will be cancelled as QF cease all international operations at the end of the month.
Will only be the cash value. Not a ticket for the same trip at a later date.
As you had paid cash will be entitled to a cash refund. But QF, like most airlines, now needs to be pushed for the cash refund
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Ah thanks for reply. Thought would be the case. Will I get seat reservation refund too.?
tia
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Ah thanks for reply. Thought would be the case. Will I get seat reservation refund too.?
tia
Anyone know the answer to this please.
Got email today that they have transferred my booking into a voucher
So will have to phone them. So would like to know if I have right to refund of seat reservation too, before they try to fob me off.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Also, would like to know if there are any fees if I ask for cash refund now the flight has been cancelled.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah thanks for reply. Thought would be the case. Will I get seat reservation refund too?
Also, would like to know if there are any fees if I ask for cash refund now the flight has been cancelled.

Thanks in advance.
Should be a full 100% cash refund. You may have to push them for that But worldwide many airlines are pushing vouchers, even when a full cash refund is required by law. Airlines are bleeding cash with little new cash coming in (no new reservations)
Credit card chargeback may be a option if all else fails
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/book-a-...r-the-acl.html
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/book-a-...ds-policy.html
Refunds for delays, cancellations and overbooking
Customers are entitled to a refund in the following situations:
  • If we cancel your flight and we cannot offer you suitable alternative arrangements.
  • If we delay your flight to the extent that you have to cancel your travel.
  • If we make a significant change# to the scheduled flight time and we are unable to book you on an alternative flight that is acceptable to you.
  • If we cause you to miss a connecting Qantas flight on which you have a confirmed reservation.
  • If we are unable to carry you and you have a confirmed reservation.
<snip>
From another thread
Originally Posted by rsydney
You can request a refund for seats via the link below.

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...form/global/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.