Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension [for all by Qantas due to new Coronavirus]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension [for all by Qantas due to new Coronavirus]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by grinna
my membership year ends March 31 and I’ve qualified for another year of WP (just)....but a bit confused, do I get extended another year to March 2022??
If your year ands 31 March and you have already re-qual then nothing changes.

What happens if I've already retained my status, will it still be extended by 12 months?
No. If you’ve already retained your status then you will automatically enjoy your current benefits for the rest of your Membership Year another 12 months. Status extension will not apply.

There is a lookup table based on membership year/

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...r20:hero:n:n:n

My membership anniversary date is in March 2020, so while the extension will take my membership year to March 2021, I still may not be able to fly for much of this year. Will Qantas consider additional support to help me retain next year?
The situation is constantly evolving, as is our response. We will review whether additional support is required closer to the time.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by KTA Return
og about time for what? Don't you think Qantas has enough to deal with and you throw out the "about time" comment after they have just done you a favour. I am sure the many thousands of staff that will be made redundant will be so happy you have regained your precious status. I cant imagine what it is like to live your life needing your airline status to define you. Over the last week or so the comments from people so concerned over points and status is just astounding while we have much larger real world real people issues confronting us, although as long as you have your toilet paper and platinum status all will be good.
Some hotel programs moved to do this weeks ago (Hyatt, for example).

Disclaimer: I have plenty of toilet paper, and Platinum status. So I'm good.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Yay!
I'll retain my NB status for another 12 months
Mwenenzi and DC9 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by shillard
Disclaimer: I have plenty of toilet paper, and Platinum status. So I'm good.
It’s the simple things in life.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF WP
Cleary this is a minor issue and as I said in my previous thread my OH will most likely lose his job with the reduction in flying

given I’m now plat for another year- any thoughts on whether I should take my loyalty bonus as SCs or KMs?

about halfway to lifetime silver (!!)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lifetime silver is nothing much imo - I would take the points
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fotographer
lets hope the other OW airlines, follow
It's obviously not oneworld, but VA is giving status points for IIRC April, May and June to its elites. I got an email from them, but didn't study the details.
fotographer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

I saw the VA deal and it is way better than what Qantas is offering. Let's see if Qantas will up their offer. But i will not keep my fingers cross. They will probably offer something to get SC points without flying but at a cost.
shillard likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:27 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
So does that mean my status is lifetime gold plus 12 months
shillard and DC9 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: QF
I can see this being revised further. My membership will renew next month, but i likely wont start flying again for 3 - 6 months depending how long this goes on
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i think the simpler and fairer way is grant 1 free extension for those who cant meet renewal process. my cycle is in May and i already requalified anyhow. so i miss out on it (for now).
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:19 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by fakecd
i think the simpler and fairer way is grant 1 free extension for those who cant meet renewal process. my cycle is in May and i already requalified anyhow. so i miss out on it (for now).
So, you can credit to another program.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Please stay on topic. I have already deleted some off-topic posts. [/mod hat]
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsydney
I am wondering what Qantas will offer with the statement below. Would be nice to earn status credit without flying as I am only 55 credits away from Platinum. Let's see.

"In addition, while you’re spending less time in the air, we’ll be keeping Status Credits within reach through a series of new offers from our program partners. This will allow you to earn Status Credits across the Qantas Frequent Flyer program in addition to flying. You'll be hearing about the first of these offers very soon."
Did anyone hear anything about the ways we can earn status Credit? Haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if I may have missed something.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am wondering what Qantas will offer with the statement below. Would be nice to earn status credit without flying as I am only 55 credits away from Platinum. Let's see.

"In addition, while you’re spending less time in the air, we’ll be keeping Status Credits within reach through a series of new offers from our program partners. This will allow you to earn Status Credits across the Qantas Frequent Flyer program in addition to flying. You'll be hearing about the first of these offers very soon."
Did anyone hear anything about the ways we can earn status Credit? Haven't heard anything yet but was wondering if I may have missed something.
Maybe this (QF frequent spender)?
Thread here---> Qantas Points Club to Launch
QF web site link here ---> https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...ints-club.html

How can I earn Status credit with Points Club and do they count towards Status, Bonuses and Rewards?
As a Points Club member, you can enjoy earning Status Credits on Qantas marketed Classic Flight Rewards. Status Credits earned via Classic Flight Reward bookings will contribute to your status, Loyalty Bonus, Platinum Bonus Reward, Platinum One Bonus and lifetime tiers.

Points Club Plus members get the exclusive ability to roll over up to 100 of their Status Credits into their next Membership Year. Points Club Plus members’ Status Credits that are rolled over from one Membership Year to the next will not contribute to Loyalty Bonus, Platinum Bonus Reward, Platinum One Bonus or Lifetime tiers, and for Platinum One members, will not contribute towards attaining or retaining status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.