Wiki Posts
Search

Is something going on EK / QF?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Is something going on EK / QF?

New poster, please be gentle :-)

Having trouble finding any QFF Emirates flights out of Sydney in early Jan 2021 (yes, I know it's a busy time). Looking for Paris, have also checked Dubai. Surprised there isn't anything at all, has anyone else had problems finding these flights or know if there is an issue? Qantas premium helpline unable to let me know whether they've already been released and booked, or they haven't been released yet.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:17 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I can see QF and EK codes on EK metal SYD-DXB in mid Jan 2021 (looking at EF). I assume you’re talking cash fares? If its award seats then you may already be out of luck since its peak travel period. And remember that once the AA Award window opens, there will be a rush for award seats.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
I can see QF and EK codes on EK metal SYD-DXB in mid Jan 2021 (looking at EF). I assume you’re talking cash fares? If its award seats then you may already be out of luck since its peak travel period. And remember that once the AA Award window opens, there will be a rush for award seats.
Thank you OG, I was talking award seats. I started checking as soon as the window opened (330 - 340 days ahead, depending on who you ask) which is why I wondered if something was amiss. Perhaps I've just missed them. QFF is offering me flights via Shanghai.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

whytho Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by whytho
New poster, please be gentle :-)

Having trouble finding any QFF Emirates flights out of Sydney in early Jan 2021 (yes, I know it's a busy time). Looking for Paris, have also checked Dubai. Surprised there isn't anything at all, has anyone else had problems finding these flights or know if there is an issue? Qantas premium helpline unable to let me know whether they've already been released and booked, or they haven't been released yet.
Originally Posted by whytho
Thank you OG, I was talking award seats. I started checking as soon as the window opened (330 - 340 days ahead, depending on who you ask) which is why I wondered if something was amiss. Perhaps I've just missed them. QFF is offering me flights via Shanghai.
QF award window open at 353 days (before the 330 day AA swarm of frequent credit card spenders)
QF now has AF/KLM as ff partners, I have had AF show up on award offerings EU-Aust
Early Jan (say first week) is a peak time for travel. QF EK and other airline will be looking to sell all seats for good money. Maybe nil awards on offer on days you want to travel.
As well as Paris CDG look for other close by EU airports. LHR, LGW, AMS, BRU, etc

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...t-rewards.html
When can I book?
Classic Flight Rewards are bookable up to 353 days in advance. When you book on qantas.com you can book up to two hours before departure for flights within Australia or up to four hours before departure for international flights. Bookings made through Qantas Contact Centres must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure and some locations require earlier advance booking.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
whytho Welcome to FT

QF award window open at 353 days (before the 330 day AA swarm of frequent credit card spenders)
QF now has AF/KLM as ff partners, I have had AF show up on award offerings EU-Aust
Early Jan (say first week) is a peak time for travel. QF EK and other airline will be looking to sell all seats for good money. Maybe nil awards on offer on days you want to travel.
As well as Paris CDG look for other close by EU airports. LHR, LGW, AMS, BRU, etc
Thanks for your advice mwenenzi. Appreciate your help.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Feb 16, 2020 at 9:29 pm Reason: fixed quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
EK has availabilty out of ADL but not SYD (hardly a surprise given the QFF population density). QFF seems to delight in routing SYD-MEL-DXB and MEL-SYD-DXB but not via the other EK served cities, presumably you can phone to get available awards with those routings. But early Jan sells out on all routes most years (I once couldn't buy an F seat for travel on a specific date in Jan, that really is oversold). Lots of awards for peak dates do get booked a year ahead and then cancelled close to the travel date, which may or may not go back into award inventory ... useful if you are flexible, but doesn't help advance planning.
nancypants and whytho like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks number_6, good to know. Appreciate your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.