Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Qantas/Emirates codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Finding Qantas/Emirates codeshares

Hi,

I will soon be flying from London to Kabul (via Dubai) every couple of months. I am keen to credit these flights into BA and understand this can be done if booked onto the relevant Qantas codeshare flight number. Unfortunately I am struggling to find any QF-EK codeshares on LON-DXB, let alone to KBL.

Can anyone help please?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless you are heading Australia bound, you will likely need to simply book on the EK number and then credit to whatever scheme you think is best
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi Dave,

Thanks. But why is that? I have seen multiple references online that state the codeshares are not only for flights with an Australia component. Is that wrong?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mallangong
I have seen multiple references online that state the codeshares are not only for flights with an Australia component. Is that wrong?
No, because you can also book QF to DXB and EK to destinations like India and Pakistan - although you might not like the price if you were to try.

However, KBL is in neither India nor Pakistan, and there appear to be no valid fares for a routing that uses a QF "flight" from LHR to DXB en route to KBL.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: QF WP
This is a question that comes up semi frequently. I think the answer is something along the lines of since QF aren’t flying into DXB anymore they only file through fares from Europe to Australia, so it’s possible to codeshare on the Europe-DXB leg but only in conjunction with a DXB-Australia leg, or something like that

edit: globaliser has more information as above
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Globaliser, nancypants,

Thank you both. I would consider doing LON-DXB on a QF flight number and then just adding the KBL leg on as a separate flight. But I am struggling even to find the LON-DXB flights on QF. Any tips on where/how I should look?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I would consider doing LON-DXB on a QF flight number and then just adding the KBL leg on as a separate flight. But I am struggling even to find the LON-DXB flights on QF. Any tips on where/how I should look?
You certainly can't do that.

Or, more accurately, you can do LON-DXB and DXB-LON on QF, so long as you route one direction via Australia (LON-DXB, DXB-PER-LON for example).
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:09 pm

Globaliser, nancypants,

Thank you both. I would consider doing LON-DXB on a QF flight number and then just adding the KBL leg on as a separate flight. But I am struggling even to find the LON-DXB flights on QF. Any tips on where/how I should look?
QF does not offer fares to Dubai - when it last did they were very expensive fares

What you are looking to do is not feasible - I would suggest just going ot the Emirates site and booking there since it lists plenty of fares for london to KBL
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all. Most helpful - I'll stick with Emirates and get to know their scheme.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:40 pm
ECR

As has been mentioned above it doesn't seem possible to book a direct return flight from LON to DXB anymore under the QF code. It was around 11 months ago when I last booked this and at the time was about £100 more than booking under an EK code. I think it wasn't long after that when the fares either got really expensive or disappeared altogether.

If you are just looking to collect miles https://www.wheretocredit.com/emirates suggests there are a number of frequent flyer schemes to which you could credit Emirates flights. Some of the carriers are in Oneworld, so the miles earned could perhaps be used on BA.

If looking to get status benefits then Emirates Skywards is probably your only option. I think Emirates miles can possibly also be used on Easyjet flights which might be of use if UK based.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you all. Most helpful - I'll stick with Emirates and get to know their scheme.
As post above you can credit an EK marketed EK operated flight to QF ffp and other ffps. But there are better ffp's than QF.

Looking at old QF pdf timetables KBL was never offered as an EK-QF codeshare. Many other airports with EK but not KBL
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:18 pm

Why don't you fly BA to Dubai?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by ps107
Why don't you fly BA to Dubai?
So many reasons come to mind

Flying BA or EK - not even a choice that needs thinking about imo

Also , would end up needing 2 separate tickets to get to Kabul I suspect
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
So many reasons come to mind

Flying BA or EK - not even a choice that needs thinking about imo

Also , would end up needing 2 separate tickets to get to Kabul I suspect
Makes it a lot easier to credit to BA though

Is the A350 no good?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by ps107
Makes it a lot easier to credit to BA though

Is the A350 no good?
It is still BA which really strives for mediocrity - I would class miles crediting a long way behind quality and schedule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.