Wiki Posts
Search

Fares (revenue and award) ex CMB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ
Fares (revenue and award) ex CMB

I am trying to book a QFF award on EK CMB/DXB/EDI but the booking tool does not recognize CMB as the start point of the journey. This also seems to apply to revenue fares. You can check availability into CMB, eg I can check EDI/DXB/CMB, just not the other way round.

I have tried changing my location (though Sri Lanka is not an option), but to no avail.

I am not in a position at the moment to easily call QF so if anyone else has seen this I would be grateful to know if there is a reason and whether there is a workaround.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just pick up phone and call. Very easy to buy tickets from CMB with reservations agents
minz56 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
This is a bug of the QF search engine. You need to call.
shillard likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Isochronous
This is a bug of the QF search engine. You need to call.
it is not a bug, it is somply an origin that Qantas has chosen not to set up as a ticketing location
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by minz56
I am trying to book a QFF award on EK CMB/DXB/EDI but the booking tool does not recognize CMB as the start point of the journey. This also seems to apply to revenue fares. You can check availability into CMB, eg I can check EDI/DXB/CMB, just not the other way round.

I have tried changing my location (though Sri Lanka is not an option), but to no avail.

I am not in a position at the moment to easily call QF so if anyone else has seen this I would be grateful to know if there is a reason and whether there is a workaround.

Y or J?

If the latter - seriously consider UL for CMB-DXB. Their business class soft product is AWESOME, the hard product more than acceptable.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by shillard
Y or J?

If the latter - seriously consider UL for CMB-DXB. Their business class soft product is AWESOME, the hard product more than acceptable.
I am looking at an F award on EK and I need to get to Europe so UL isn't the best option in this case.

I guess calling in is the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.