Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Guesting non traveler into Qantas Domestic Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but am I correct in reading that as a passenger travelling Domestic Business I can’t guest a non passenger into the lounge? Has this changed because I think that a few years back when I was last back in Oz, I was able to do so and slightly embarrassingly, I have just invited someone to meet me in the lounge before I fly. I don’t have any status.

Last edited by blurt91; Sep 13, 2019 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As per https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...lass-of-travel

1 guest permitted and must be travelling on the same flight

Unless you have Qantas Gold or Platinum status, then you cannot take a non travelling guest
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
As per https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...lass-of-travel

1 guest permitted and must be travelling on the same flight

Unless you have Qantas Gold or Platinum status, then you cannot take a non travelling guest
Cheers thanks that is what I feared!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by blurt91
Cheers thanks that is what I feared!
It's one of the status benefits, WP allowed 2 guests who are not traveling and Gold allowed 1 guest non-traveling. Lower status than that requires guests to be either traveling Oneworld or even on same flight, depending on circumstances. Gives some incentive to earn FF status Your alternative is to pay for a lounge, or in Melbourne there are some pretty good restaurants (more so in the international terminal than domestic) ... for example Cafe Vue is pretty good for non-lounge business meetings.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:13 pm

There is no guest benefit at lounges for business class - if not holding status to allow someone in, then class of service allows only the passenger in
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

There is no guest benefit at lounges for business class - if not holding status to allow someone in, then class of service allows only the passenger in
Appreciate that folks... I just must’ve been lucky last time and they didn’t ask to see proof that the person who was with me, actually was travelling. Will buy my friend lunch this time!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:52 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Appreciate that folks... I just must’ve been lucky last time and they didn’t ask to see proof that the person who was with me, actually was travelling....
Hmmm - the slightest hint of hesitation or uncertainty when being greeted by the staff at the entrance will ensure a more thorough check of BP or card ..
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:45 pm

Appreciate that folks... I just must’ve been lucky last time and they didn’t ask to see proof that the person who was with me, actually was travelling. Will buy my friend lunch this time!
Buying lunch a a cafe is likely to be a much nicer meal anyway. The Qantas lounges don't have particularly good food and they are lousy for soft drinks
NZbutterfly and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:40 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am quite happy having a meal in the Domestic Biz Lounges. It may be repetitive but quality is OK and the hot options and salads are nice. Given we’re told in the safety announcement that “your aircraft has great coffee too”, it’s a shame that the good lounge barista coffee hasn’t made it onboard yet
nancypants and blurt91 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
I am quite happy having a meal in the Domestic Biz Lounges. It may be repetitive but quality is OK and the hot options and salads are nice. Given we’re told in the safety announcement that “your aircraft has great coffee too”, it’s a shame that the good lounge barista coffee hasn’t made it onboard yet
OT
That line in the video really grinds my gears (to be fair the whole video grinds my gears a bit!!)

/OT
og and mattm199 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:58 pm

Why do some airlines now feel the need to try and turn safety videos into a joke ? How can it be expected for a passenger to take the safety demonstration seriously, if the airline doesn't

Not only that, but these am dram night videos take a lot longer to get through
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:39 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The safety “entertaining” safety videos are usually good the first time you see them. It’s after 6 months or longer that I do my best to ignore them ‘coz I hate them.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Buying lunch a a cafe is likely to be a much nicer meal anyway. The Qantas lounges don't have particularly good food and they are lousy for soft drinks
My home airport is now Belfast and the BA lounge offerings there make Qantas domestic biz seem like a quality restaurant! LOL
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:25 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The refurbished QF domestic J lounges such as MEL have GREAT food, a big improvement over the prior J lounge offering. Unfortunately its a slow process getting to the new lounges, and SYD is a bit dire but presumably will be stellar in a year or 2. And it is a huge step up from BA domestic J lounges these days.
nancypants, blurt91 and og like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
There is. Business passengers are allowed one guest who is travelling on the same flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.