Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas in Norfolk Island

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Qantas in Norfolk Island

Hi everyone. After my last failed thread about the goods and bads about Qantas's current international network, I thought I'd post a second, less aggressive thread.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:18 am
Original Poster

QF used to operate services to Norfolk Island. Here's where I got the information from.
The Timetablist: Qantas, Worldwide Network, March 1974. Detail 2: The Kangaroo Routes
If you look closely, Qantas used Norfolk Island as a stopover en route to Auckland from Sydney, mostly using Douglas DC-4s (yes, they did operate Douglas aircraft in the '60s-'70s).
They terminated it for some reason. Does anybody know any more information about this particular route, or why it was terminated? If you do, then good on you and thank you, it is greatly appreciated!

From
lucas.zhu
Old May 13, 2019, 12:35 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I will monitor this thread closely as it doesn't relate to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. Please only respond here if you really have something very specific to add to this topic. Otherwise I suggest you look elsewhere. [/mod hat]
Globaliser likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Perhaps do a google search for "Qantas Norfolk Island".
AIRLINES THAT HAVE OPERATED INTO NORFOLK ISLAND
Dave Noble, GFrye and nancypants like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I suspect the reason is either that they lost a government subsidy to do so, or alternatively your answer is one of the several reasons you may have read about elsewhere on the internet (perhaps in an Australian focused frequent flyer forum??)
nancypants likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone, who submitted information! And that brings this thread to a close! But how do you close a thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.