Wiki Posts
Search

Empty to mostly blocked

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Empty to mostly blocked

Hi!
Mum flying MEL- SIN on 2nd May on QF35. The flight was mostly empty and I could pick most seats and now they are blocked (I’ve checked expert flyer). I have notified also for my LHR-SYD flight on 21st May (QF2) is also blocked out other than 7 seats and it was also pretty much empty. The only flight I can choose is the business upgrade fromSYD-MEL I got. Are my flights being cancelled?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pia84
Hi!
Mum flying MEL- SIN on 2nd May on QF35. The flight was mostly empty and I could pick most seats and now they are blocked (I’ve checked expert flyer). I have notified also for my LHR-SYD flight on 21st May (QF2) is also blocked out other than 7 seats and it was also pretty much empty. The only flight I can choose is the business upgrade fromSYD-MEL I got. Are my flights being cancelled? I did put in for points upgrade for all flights.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
MEL-SIN QF35 2/5/19 Y seat map on EF is showing most seats unallocated. Perhaps the blockage of most seats was a glitch?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

It’s really strange! I rang and asked if I could change my seats and they said the plane is 90% full but I can see most are blocked out.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Pia84
It’s really strange! I rang and asked if I could change my seats and they said the plane is 90% full but I can see most are blocked out.
That's normal.

Many CSA's assume you can't tell the difference between blocked and allocated seats so lie to you to avoid tough questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.