Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Jetstar Business class doesn't show up in search results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite

Whether it's on Google Flights or Jetstar Australia's website directly I cannot seem to access business class fares, been looking from CNS or OOL to NRT operated by the 787 but only Economy results pull up & I've tried out countless dates between April & November 2019. Anyone have a similar issue? What's the solution? Their website is really not very intuitive...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Whether it's on Google Flights or Jetstar Australia's website directly I cannot seem to access business class fares, been looking from CNS or OOL to NRT operated by the 787 but only Economy results pull up & I've tried out countless dates between April & November 2019. Anyone have a similar issue? What's the solution? Their website is really not very intuitive...

It’s a bit tricky to see as unfortunately blends in a little with the rest of the page- however click the circled link and it will come up on their own website

Not sure what’s the go with google flights, I too can only get economy flights to come up (starclass doesn’t come up as premium economy either so not sure how they’re classifying that one). However it will come up as Business class on ITA matrix and kayak- some kind of google flights specific bug there

Last edited by nancypants; Mar 23, 2019 at 6:44 am
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you indeed I see where it is now.
ITA doesn't pull up Jetstar results for me for some reason.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: RFC
ITA will only pull up the airlines that participate or use it. Quite a few airlines don't feature in the results ITA generates.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:10 am

Weird that it shows up for me- perhaps a point of sale issue?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by nancypants

Weird that it shows up for me- perhaps a point of sale issue?
It's weird how it hits/misses with LCC's. It often won't show OneStar for NZ domestic, for example, but will spit out the QF codeshares semi-happily.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:39 am

Jetstar website is pretty crap to navigate compared to Qantas. For a LCC it should be easy and enticing to book their most expensive fares..
nancypants and CPMaverick like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

They're also pretty expensive, looking at SYD or BNE to NRT in business & they're almost the same price as JAL's Y+
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
They're also pretty expensive, looking at SYD or BNE to NRT in business & they're almost the same price as JAL's Y+
Very true booked a Economy ticket Melbourne to Osaka for my brother in law with JAL, which costed $940 AUD return. Jetstar wanted $1700 AUD for economy on the same dates. Was an easy choice, I was glad that he can travel a nicer setup at a bargain price.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:43 pm

Standard LCC motto= caveat emptor

while I was living in Europe, I never priced up a trip that wasn’t cheaper on BA (than U2, FR et al)

i suspect a fair chunk of their pricing strategy is based on infrequent travellers who don’t undertake due diligence and just jump straight on jetstar cos “it’s cheaper”

you have to make these things work for you 😉
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants
Standard LCC motto= caveat emptor

while I was living in Europe, I never priced up a trip that wasn’t cheaper on BA (than U2, FR et al)

i suspect a fair chunk of their pricing strategy is based on infrequent travellers who don’t undertake due diligence and just jump straight on jetstar cos “it’s cheaper”

you have to make these things work for you 😉
If you are a bargain hunter I’m sure you would cross check. I guess some might just compare the low cost carriers.

Jetstar usually gets good deals when they do a ‘sale’ and they have insanely low rates for a couple of days. The aftermath is the left over seats are highly inflated.

I usually avoid Jetstar but will be flying them from HNL-MEL with a one way fare in August. Their ‘busines class’ which should be called premium economy was a reasonable price and they are the only carrier todo this flight direct.

Im hoping in the future Hawaiian Airlines do a direct HNL-MEL in the future.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Aidan
I usually avoid Jetstar but will be flying them from HNL-MEL with a one way fare in August. Their ‘busines class’ which should be called premium economy was a reasonable price and they are the only carrier todo this flight direct.
Daytime JQ flights from HNL are fine (as opposed to the flights from hell in the opposite direction).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
It's weird how it hits/misses with LCC's. It often won't show OneStar for NZ domestic, for example, but will spit out the QF codeshares semi-happily.
Not sure why many are fixated on google flights/ita matrix, but I tend to use kayak or skyscanner for comparisons, they seem to be a fairly reliable guide to pricing and availability, including LCCs.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.