Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF reward flights no longer available MEL-SIN flying Emirates.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book an Emirates flight from MEL-SIN using my QF points for end of June early July 2019. There were plenty of award bookings up until two weeks ago. Now nothing. Rang Qantas they didnt have an answer.
Told to ring Emirates who also could not comment. Does anyone know why??
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are there award flights available using Emirates Skywards Mies and this is a problem just for Qantas redemptions or is it a general lack of availability
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

I was booking the flight using QF points. I had been checking daily for a number of weeks and there were plenty of Emirates flights out of Melbourne using my point up to first class. From last week all Emirates rewards flights were wiped from the Qantas online booking site. I wanted to book the flight for 25th July 2019 which by looking at the past schedules should have been available today. Nothing available with Emirates including economy. Both call centres could not give a reason. Emirates said there was a flight using Skyward points which I don't have.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:41 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
QFF are under no obligation to provide EK award space. It's entirely at EK's discretion.

There is availability for QF F on that day and many others. I would suggest you book that (also cheaper using points) and then change when inventory becomes available.

Unlike QF, EK do release unsold seats closer to departure so you may be able to confirm at T-7,2 or 1 day.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Lack of EK award inventory for QFF is probably a pre-announce of the ending of the EK-QF partnership Certainly looks to have ended for all intents and purposes already ... QF didn't do well from it
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:20 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by number_6
Lack of EK award inventory for QFF is probably a pre-announce of the ending of the EK-QF partnership Certainly looks to have ended for all intents and purposes already ... QF didn't do well from it
Or they could just be trying to shift pax onto their own metal...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:03 am

It is definitely still possible to book EK award flights using QF points. Just did a quick search for AKL-DPS and return in November and availability was wide open in all three cabins on EK451/450.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:04 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Given it’s on one route I would suggest it says more about the route than the alliance in terms of future operation.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The EK-QF alliance is dead, its just a matter of unravelling it which will take 2 years. The prime motivation and potential benefit for QF was access to EK flights to dozens of cities in Europe that QF would never serve otherwise; that ended with QF dropping DXB. QF never made money out of the EK partnership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.