Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

perth international to domestic transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I am going to Sydney in November and I am looking at the route via Perth (long but unique so considering that option, I know there are more sensible flights). How does transfer work in Perth and how much time should I give for it. I only flew domestic in/out Perth once so I don't know the international part, Also: how is the 17hour flight? Any experiences?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LHR-PER flight on QF?
There is a thread on this LHR-PER-MEL flight that I cannot find just now

Perth terminals for QF are different from what they were a few years ago. Now T3-T4
http://www.perthairport.com.au/at-th...which-terminal

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...erth/global/en
Transfer Information

A complimentary shuttle bus service is available to Qantas passengers (includes codeshare flight passengers) for transfers between Terminals 3/4 and Terminal 1.

Terminals 3 and 4 are a short walk (150m) within the same building complex.

Transfer and visa information for international passengers connecting through Perth

All Qantas operated flights (international and domestic) operate from the Terminal 3 and 4 (T3/T4) precinct at Perth Airport. All other international airlines, including Jetstar, continue to operate from Perth Terminal 1 (T1). Perth T3/T4 is physically separated from T1 by a 15 minute drive, and no airside transfer facility is available.

This means that passengers making International connections in Perth between Qantas Operated and other airlines' international flights will need to obtain a visa or electronic travel authority (ETA) prior to arriving in Australia in order to move between terminals.

On arrival at T1, international passengers will need to clear Customs and Immigration, then exit the terminal and take a Perth Airport shuttle bus from T1 to T3/T4, and vice versa. For example, international passengers travelling on a non-Qantas flight from Auckland-Perth and connecting onto Qantas' Perth-London service will require an Australian visa due to the distance between T1 and T3/T4.

This will not impact international passengers who would typically obtain a transit visa to transit through Australia. Holders of a valid transit visa are able to enter Australia at T1 and proceed to T3/T4 for their connection without any additional requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.