Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 7A Qantas A330-200 series

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
Seat 7A Qantas A330-200 series

Hello everyone, I am travelling Business Class AKL/BNE in October on an A330-200.
Could someone please tell me the pro's and con's of selecting seat 7A ? it seems
like a small cabin ?

I now have a second question - I made the booking and went to the pay page and it cleared
and I haven't paid for it yet but the PNR has been raised and I can see the PNR ref in my booking but I don't know how to pay for it now, I can't see that option on the screen. I have been to 'manage your booking' and there is no pay option there either ??

I would be grateful for any help thanks folks

Many thanks

Ozziekiwi

Last edited by OZZIEKIWI; Jul 28, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I presume this booking is well into the future - soometimes they can take a few days if not weeks or months to ticket.

Was a preauthorization taken from your CC?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OZZIEKIWI
I now have a second question - I made the booking and went to the pay page and it cleared and I haven't paid for it yet but the PNR has been raised and I can see the PNR ref in my booking but I don't know how to pay for it now, I can't see that option on the screen. I have been to 'manage your booking' and there is no pay option there either ??
Did you enter your cc, poli or whatever details?
If not I would be phoning QF, with cc ready.
As above, ticketing is not always instantaneous.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Did you enter your cc, poli or whatever details?
If not I would be phoning QF, with cc ready.
As above, ticketing is not always instantaneous.
The booking never got to that page, the screen went blank after I nominated points and pay. I have clicked on to 'manage your booking and when I go to try to cancel it it says 'your booking is being processed'

BTW it's towards the end of October

Thank you for your replies
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The booking never got to that page, the screen went blank after I nominated points and pay. I have clicked on to 'manage your booking and when I go to try to cancel it it says 'your booking is being processed'
I would be phoning QF.
Without payment expect it will be auto cancelled some time Or they may phone you.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again to you both who answered, all fixed now, rang QF and they sorted it.

Would like some info re 7A on the A330-200 pro's and Con's of selecting that seat over one in the main J class cabin ?

Many thanks
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Ideally, I would take row 2/4/6 for a bit of privacy.
Row 7 does have some good points, ahead of you is the divider to the real J, behind you is the bassinet hold point, so no one kicking your seat back.
The larger armrest is on the window side, some like it like this, but I prefer is on the aisle side.
Though the flight leaves at 18.00 so not really a lot to see outside, but your choice.
The sash seat belt does take a bit of getting used to!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
Ideally, I would take row 2/4/6 for a bit of privacy.
Row 7 does have some good points, ahead of you is the divider to the real J, behind you is the bassinet hold point, so no one kicking your seat back.
The larger armrest is on the window side, some like it like this, but I prefer is on the aisle side.
Though the flight leaves at 18.00 so not really a lot to see outside, but your choice.
The sash seat belt does take a bit of getting used to!
Big thank you to everyone for their replies - ticketing is now sorted and after quite a bit of research on Google I have changed from 7A and I was lucky enough to get 4K which will suit me fine (until I get moved sideways)

Thanks again - happy flying everyone

Cheers

Ozziekiwi
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
just got off 330 200.
i would say avoid mini cabin, toilet is.only 1 at very front and you are sandwitched between noisy galley and economy.

4a is fine
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF
Would like some info re 7A on the A330-200 pro's and Con's of selecting that seat over one in the main J class cabin ?
Many thanks
I prefer seats 2A & 4A which are against the window with the console on the right closest to the aisle so if you're right handed these will probably suit you. Seats 2K & 4K are the mirror image so seat up against the window and the console on the left which some left handed people prefer.

If the above seats are already taken I don't mind 7A or 7K although the console is against the window with the seat closest to the aisle. One thing unique to 7A & 7K is a little hatch in front of you where you can fit a small backpack, laptop bag etc but it won't fit a rollaboard. The only other issue that it's quite closed to the first row of economy and there are two BSCTs in 23B & 23J so if an infant was screaming its head off not even the QC35's will save you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.