Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QFF Mileage "Invalid Claim" when Claim is actually Legit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat

Hi All,

I just recently flew MAA-DOH-FRA-DOH-MAA on QR in J; checked fare class etc before booking and after flying the itinerary for a quick holiday I received QFF miles and SC for DOH-FRA and FRA-DOH as expected and as per the QF miles calculator, but weirdly received nothing (no recognition the flights were even flown) for MAA-DOH and DOH-MAA. All the flights were on the same PNR and ticket and there was even a journey break of 2 days in DOH on both legs, so totally confused as to what's happening here. Also, from the time of booking I have only ever loaded my QFF number in the booking, and even the online check-in boarding passes have my QFF status/oneworld status listed on them. Very confused....

After requesting missing mileage for MAA-DOH and DOH-MAA I got a response saying that they were invalid claims; with this response I'm now confused on next steps and would really appreciate any clarification on what you guys think I should do? The call center wait time so far today was 52 minutes before I hung up so not sure that will be helpful. Does anyone have an email address or similar that I can contact?

Appreciate the help!

CB

I
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
After requesting missing mileage for MAA-DOH and DOH-MAA I got a response saying that they were invalid claims; with this response I'm now confused on next steps and would really appreciate any clarification on what you guys think I should do? The call center wait time so far today was 52 minutes before I hung up so not sure that will be helpful. Does anyone have an email address or similar that I can contact?
Were all the flights marketed & operated by QR?
Send flight details & scan of boarding passes to email [email protected]
mattm199 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Were all the flights marketed & operated by QR? ...
The flight have to be marketed by QR, that is a QR flight number and operated by a oneworld airline (including QR).
Qantas Points and Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes, except on Qatar Airways codeshare Flights operated by an airline other than Qantas or a oneworld alliance airline.
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#qr
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I had a similar problem with a QR D class flight. The previous and next flights on the PNR credited fine.

Sending scans of e-ticket and boarding pass as suggested above worked with no issues.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yup, all flights were QR metal and QR marketed, so no issues there.

Will give the email address a go.

Thanks again,

CB
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I get this nonsense EVERY time with MH flights - even Y or J.

Recently flew on a Y fare KLA-SIN, upgraded at the gate to J, didn't show.

Lodged my claim for the Y fare.

"Invalid claim" on my statement. ...???
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: qff
I had a running battle with Qantas on recognising a D class flight, I flew Syd Doh Dub return out bound was D class and return was I class. The Doh Dub D class leg was refused. Hence i started a long battle with them using online chat. After confirmation 3 times by chat agents that the leg should have been accredited and then rejection in my portal saying invalid class, i eventually just mailed them with all my boarding passes. About 2 weeks later i get the mail to say its now fixed.....
Old May 29, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: QF
Anyone know how to get a copy of your boarding pass from Qatar? Got one leg that's 'invalid'.

They don't make it easy contact from the AU. Reservations number?
Old May 30, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Use the email address to send in copies as other posts have suggested. If no positive response materialises, refer to the ACA.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Use the email address to send in copies as other posts have suggested. If no positive response materialises, refer to the ACA.
I think you misread what I asked.

I need to obtain copies of the boarding passes from Qatar. Qantas FF said they need a copy of the Qatar boarding pass before they can chase it up. Something to do with proof that I boarded the flight. Of course I didn't keep the bloody thing. Qatar make is super hard to ask online or find information.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: QF WP
I’m happy to be corrected here but I don’t think QR will supply a copy of your boarding pass- usually the onus is on you to keep a copy of it until the miles are credited as your proof that you took the flight

whether they can supply some other document confirming you traveled would be a question
Old May 30, 2019, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Indeed - if you didn't keep a copy of boarding pass, will be out of luck as getting a replacement after a flight
nancypants likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Luc V Rustbucket
Of course I didn't keep the bloody thing. Qatar make is super hard to ask online or find information.
Good practice is to take a photo of it before discarding.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Just thought I'd update this old thread; despite following the advice in this thread meticulously it seems I still have to go through a protracted back and forth process with the QFF team over email before they finally deposit the miles.

Seems to me that the issues are always with QR and UL; not sure what is happening on the back-end but QFF team always claims the following:
-Missing QFF number; response from me: nope, look at the attached boarding pass
-Already claimed by another partner program; response from me: nope, I literally only hold QFF membership for OneWorld these days, look at the attached boarding passes again
-Fare not eligible; response from me: nope, look at the fare codes listed as eligible on your website, and refer to the ticket number at the bottom of the attached boarding passes

After literally going through the above flow of questions over 3-4 weeks for each mileage claim, they finally respond with a soft mea culpa acknowledging that the miles will be deposited.

Honestly, it's tiring and somewhat stressful; is this Qantas's new normal for limiting membership to Platinum? Just not award SCs lol
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:45 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The QFF service centre in Manila seems to have a standard cut and paste process. It's like they assume you are wrong, and have to choose from one of the standard reasons why miles don't credit and reply back to you. An example of one of the replies I had from them regarding a double status credit that didn't auto-post:

In regards to your query, please be advise that to be eligibe for Double Status Credit Promotion, you must register and book between 18 Feb 2019 - 25 Feb 2019 AND TRAVEL between 25 Feb 2019- 31 Aug 2019.

However, upon checking on your flight , you booked this flight 18FEB19 which is not on the booking period of the promotion.

Moving forward please be reminded to register, book and travel within the promotional date so that you can be eligible for the bonus points of our promotion.

Your understanding and cooperation is highly appreciated.
They essentially confirmed my facts and that I was eligible, yet still said I was not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.