Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Melbourne domestic to international question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Melbourne domestic to international question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Access to what?
Flying MEL - SYD (QF) and then SYD-SIN (EK) on 1 PNR? EK or QF flight numbers?
As MEL-SYD is domestic you will not have access to MEL F lounge(T2 international departures area)
And with 100 minutes transfer SYD T3 to SYD T1 you will have little spare time for anything.
OW status to EK is not the same as QF status is to EK
Sorry, yes I could have elaborated better but didn’t as this thread is specific for MEL domestic to international connections. My flight is SYD-MEL-SIN. All on one PNR. The question is specific for OW access to the QF Melbourne lounge and priority boarding while on a QF flightnumber but on EK metal.

I Guess my original assumption stands.

Thanks,
Globalist
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Globalist
...I Guess my original assumption stands. ...
Correct.

Lounge Locations | Australia | Sydney International | International Business

Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#

# A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft.
You will have access to the MEL T1 (Domestic) Qantas Business lounge having two Emeralds and two guests before your QF*QF flight to SYD.

Note that, as indicated SYD lounge access is likely moot anyway as your group is unlikely to make it airside and to the gate at T1 before the EK flight commences boarding. (Arrive T3, go to gate 15, wait for bus to take you to T1, travel to T1 on bus, proceed through emigration and security at T1, head to EK gate, board, flop into seat ...)
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Correct.

Lounge Locations Australia Sydney International International Business

You will have access to the MEL T1 (Domestic) Qantas Business lounge having two Emeralds and two guests before your QF*QF flight to SYD.

Note that, as indicated SYD lounge access is likely moot anyway as your group is unlikely to make it airside and to the gate at T1 before the EK flight commences boarding. (Arrive T3, go to gate 15, wait for bus to take you to T1, travel to T1 on bus, proceed through emigration and security at T1, head to EK gate, board, flop into seat ...)
Thanks serfty, but as mentioned previously we are not connecting in SYD, we are connecting in MEL.
In Sydney we will have access to the domestic lounge, never been there before but as it is domestic I don't expect the same as the International F lounge which I know well.
In Mel, I guess the same applies, no time for a lounge anyway even if we had access which we wont. and no priority boarding.

Globalist
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
In Mel, I guess the same applies, no time for a lounge anyway even if we had access which we wont. and no priority boarding.

Globalist
Won’t have lounge access, but would have had plenty of time if you had.

Transfer should be quick, international isn’t very busy around the time of the EK SIN departure ... I arrived at MEL this week for that flight, about 1:10 before departure and was airside within 7 mins of pulling up at the kerb - and had to check in as well.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In Mel, I guess the same applies, no time for a lounge anyway even if we had access ...
Actually, there could have been time as indicated by @lokijuh since it's takes about 15 minutes at MEL to walk from T1 to airside T2 (international).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.