Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Lounges Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver

Quick question - as a humble Blue member of Emirates Skywards, if I am travelling on a business class ticket from HK to DXB on an Emirates flight, can I get access to the Qantas lounge in Hong Kong. I am not a huge fan of the Emirates lounge there
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: B A Gold
Yes for sure .... Certainly not an issue and a much better place to pass the time so hand over the business boarding pass and you will be in for sure.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:48 pm

Yes, the lounge access rules are clear: link
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by steveben53
Quick question - as a humble Blue member of Emirates Skywards, if I am travelling on a business class ticket from HK to DXB on an Emirates flight, can I get access to the Qantas lounge in Hong Kong. I am not a huge fan of the Emirates lounge there
Yes, flying business class on EK allows access to the HKG QF lounge.
(If you were flying QF business class, you would so have access to the CX lounges)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I just had my first visit to the HKG QF lounge a few days ago. It was very impressive, surprisingly big! Fantastic service. I thought the CX lounge "The Wing" was amazing on previous visits to HKG but the QF lounge certainly gives it a run for its money.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Update to this

I had no problems getting into the Qantas lounge at Hong Kong, but have to say that I found the place particularly sterile and soulless. This may be because the lounge is very large - really quite long an narrow, and there were very few people in there.What really annoyed me however, was that when we went to the bar, the two staff members were busy holding a conversation. The barman looked up and saw us and then continued his chat. After a surreptitious cough and an 'excuse me', he wandered over and just said 'yes' - that was all. It felt as if our being there was a real imposition to the man.

Anyway, we decided to leave without bothering the staff any more and headed back the Emirates louuge where a far more pleasant welcome awaited us
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As a Qantas Platinum I prefer any of the various CX lounges over the "Qantas Hong Kong Lounge".
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Surprised to hear about the bar staff attitude. I’ve always found all the staff in the QF lounge more than willing to serve and more friendly than the robots in the CX lounges.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
If you lack OWE status, the QF lounge is the pick of lounges at HKG.

If you have OWE status, Wing or Pier - or bust.

Pro tip leaving HKG: have 1-2 sacraficial water bottles that are easily found in your carryon. Then you can smuggle another 1-2 on board.

Just sayin'...
serfty likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:39 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by shillard
If you lack OWE status, the QF lounge is the pick of lounges at HKG.

If you have OWE status, Wing or Pier - or bust.

Pro tip leaving HKG: have 1-2 sacraficial water bottles that are easily found in your carryon. Then you can smuggle another 1-2 on board.

Just sayin'...
+1 totally. . The water bottle trick also works for BKK secondary security.

And welcome back shillard
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by og

+1 totally. . The water bottle trick also works for BKK secondary security.

And welcome back shillard
Hahaha thanks, too busy travelling to post. Thanks for the tip - flying BKK-SIN in a couple of weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:18 am

day pass for sale ?

According to this blog post, https://sarahseestheworld.com/qantas...lounge-review/ , one can buy a day pass at this lounge for $78 AU. Is this true? I thouhgt only AA had a scheme where one could buy a day pass to their lounges.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by headinclouds
According to this blog post, https://sarahseestheworld.com/qantas...lounge-review/ , one can buy a day pass at this lounge for $78 AU. Is this true? I thouhgt only AA had a scheme where one could buy a day pass to their lounges.
probably this

Qantas trials sale of single-entry lounge passes
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:52 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I just came back from a visit there when flying Jetstar Pacific. I was pleasantly surprised. Getting to the lounge is super easy, lounge itself and food offering where decent for a business class lounge. Staff was very helpful. Overall a very enjoyable two hours.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Sitting in the QF lounge at the moment (4:15pm) and it's like a sauna. I'm working up a sweat just drinking a beer. Bit of a dilemma really, Little Creatures Pale on tap vs heading to the Wing and cooling down but changing beers.

Very bloody ordinary in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.