Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF A380 Photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Here’s a recent photo from Kevin Barker and Airlines if the Past (Facebook). Sad. My favorite seat was 12E (or F).

ronp101 and aeroman380 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JDiver
Here’s a recent photo from Kevin Barker and Airlines if the Past (Facebook). Sad. My favorite seat was 12E (or F).

Very sad indeed. No more QF F for a long time.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Beautiful sight but sad. I have flown the QF 380 over 20 times - about half in F (2A) and the other half in J - row 12. (LAX and DFW to SYD and MEL) and DXB to LHR.

I have not been on the newer configuration with the redesigned J lounge. What amazes me the most is to stand at the top or bottom of the front stair case - when you are the only person in the J lounge area or the F rest room area and get a feeling that you are the only person on the flight with all that open space (about a 12 foot section on two floors), then realize there are 500 people behind you.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:27 am

I've flown LAX-SYD return, in the small Y section at the back of the A380 upper deck. About 20 seats, with it's own washroom, and galley just behind.

Plus the corridor to the rear staircase if you want to go for a stroll.

If you have to do 15 hours in Y, those are the seats.
Catweazle likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold

departing MEL
Old May 23, 2021, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@DELee
Added your thread with photos to this thread.

A380s + 1: Qantas Planes @ LAX (16 May 2020)
Old May 23, 2021, 7:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Interesting activity at LAX

(Mods - posted in this thread as I scrolled back over a year and didn't find one more relevant. Feel free to move/merge)
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 24left
@DELee
Added your thread with photos to this thread.

A380s + 1: Qantas Planes @ LAX (16 May 2020)
Thanks! Didn't know this thread existed when I posted a year ago.

David
24left likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

04 Jun 2021 (news.com.au)--->How Qantas staff scare away snakes from parked A380 planes
<snip>
But with the heat in California comes a few unwanted critters seeking shelter – such as the deadly rattlesnake that calls the US state home. In a statement, Qantas revealed that engineers taking care of some of the airline’s superjumbos, which are sitting in California’s Mojave Desert, had been tasked with using the wheel whacker devices to protect the planes. The airline said the engineers tasked with maintaining its fleet of A380 superjumbos stored in California had to come up with the effective system to protect the planes and also themselves from the area’s venomous rattlesnakes.In addition to snakes, poisonous scorpions are also concerning during the summer season in the desert.

Qantas manager for engineering in Los Angeles Tim Heywood said having a team of engineers driving the two hours from LA to Victorville for regular inspections is a vital part of keeping the aircraft in top condition during their downtime. Encounters of the slithering and rattling kind are all part of the job
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

and

Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF newsroom Published on 9th November 2021
FIRST QANTAS A380 TO LAND BACK IN AUSTRALIA TODAY
A familiar and hard-to-miss sight will return to Australian skies today with one of Qantas’ iconic A380 aircraft set to land back in Sydney, 593 days after it departed Australian shores.
Hudson Fysh, named after one of Qantas’ founders, is expected to touch down at Sydney Airport around 3.00pm more than 19 hours after it departed Dresden, Germany. The aircraft recently underwent scheduled maintenance for a new landing gear, after spending the best part of two years in storage during the COVID-19 pandemic.
<snip>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.