Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Should QF consider an F lounge for Perth?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.

As QF moves towards Perth being a major hub for EU flights should they accommodate P , P1 and CL with at least a closed off section in main lounge if not a small seperate lounge? I know the 787's don't have first but could that change in the future? (I would have thought considering flying times at least a row of F would have been viable on the 787's)
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Not worth bothering with unless there is an F cabin. It will just be full of P, P1, CL and OWEs. They should concentrate on having a decent J lounge (SIN one seems decent enough to me).

Case in point - IMO scrapping the sad little BNE F lounge and having a larger J lounge was a good decision.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If at some time in the future, Qantas operates flights regularly with a 1st class cabin ( which I doubt will happen ) I would expect that it would provide a 1st class lounge

It makes little sense to set one up if there is no 1st class offering
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
They should concentrate on having a decent J lounge (SIN one seems decent enough to me).

Case in point - IMO scrapping the sad little BNE F lounge and having a larger J lounge was a good decision.
Agree on that - the current J lounge is a hovel which would not be out of place at MNL T1 in my opinion.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
But for PER and QF international flights, my understanding was that the flights will NOT be operating from the international terminal but from the QF domestic terminal. This means the Qantas Club and Qantas Business Lounge will be used before passengers then go through a new international departures area (to be built) for the international flight. Of course this relies upon PER to actually be able to meet their promises around construction deadlines, which they have a history of not being able to do.
Also QF agreed that they would move their entire operation to the other side of the airport in a new integrated terminal. QF will then think about whether having lounges (and what type of lounge) airside on the international concourse will be worth it or keep it like ADL, landside where international passengers will have to leave early to clear departure processes.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I did see reports that Qantas do intend to construct a lounge for dedicated international use at Perth's Norther terminals.

Then again, there was originally space reserved for similar at ADL that never eventuated.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
I did see reports that Qantas do intend to construct a lounge for dedicated international use at Perth's Norther terminals.

Then again, there was originally space reserved for similar at ADL that never eventuated.
They have actually announced a new lounge for Perth for international travellers.

I am not sure anything was announced for Adelaide.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...mers-in-perth/
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
With taxpayer subsidies to accommodate the airline's operations at PER I don't think funds should be sunk into a First class lounge for business and economy passengers.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by perthite
They have actually announced a new lounge for Perth for international travellers.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...mers-in-perth/
^
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
With taxpayer subsidies to accommodate the airline's operations at PER I don't think funds should be sunk into a First class lounge for business and economy passengers.
Why not? Both State and Federal governments are subsidizing other aspects of this venture! Lets go the whole way!

(to be clear I agree with you - I think it ridiculous taxpayers are putting in money with very vague/unqualified benefits to the wider public)

(at the very least if the taxpayer is funding part of this operation the taxpayer should be getting part of any profit - that would be too radical for Qantas to accept of course)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.