Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Need help with creative routing for "Classic flight rewards" From Melbourne to TLV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with creative routing for "Classic flight rewards" From Melbourne to TLV

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Hello Friends,

I need your help with creative routing for "Classic flight rewards"
I need to get from Melbourne to Tel-Aviv (Flying with my older kid) starting from Dec 23rd (can be a few days later) and leaving TLV around January 13th +/- a few days.

I have plenty of points but can't see any availability around those dates ;(

Do you have any creative suggestions for this route and dates?

Thank you
Old May 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Start by looking for One World airlines which have departures from Tel Aviv (some unusual ones like AB) and then trace back to Australia via available connections. The biggest problem will be departures from Australia in the Christmas period which will be all but impossible at this stage.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Granlor
Start by looking for One World airlines which have departures from Tel Aviv (some unusual ones like AB) and then trace back to Australia via available connections. The biggest problem will be departures from Australia in the Christmas period which will be all but impossible at this stage.
El Al is also a QF partner https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/pa.../airline/el-al

But as above, hoping for 2 award seats out of Australia on Saturday Dec 23rd is optimistic.
Most, if not all, airlines flying out of Australia at that time will be expecting to sell for good cash money every seat.
An award to any Eu city and then cash fare to Israel is another option to consider.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
May need to be flexible +/- a week from those dates to get anything. Award tickets just prior to Christmas would have gone at T-360 days (or whatever).
Old May 28, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Qantas/Cathay/Malaysian & Royal Jordanian?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.