Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

16th Annual AGM + Tour(s) (TBC): SYD Sat 24 Feb 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JohnSydney2000
Attendees:

Qantas Staff:

PLATINUM:
1. QF WP
2. Princess fiona
5. SQ421
6. og
7. BundyBear
8. doug_westcott
9. caviack
10. Storyteller
11. serfty
12. anat0l
13. jojen
14. PeteJ
15. Hvr
16. tuapekastar
17. crankychick
18. mattm199
19. madrooster
20. Danny1501
21. JessicaTam
22. moa999

23. Bluesky
24. kpc
25. kpc+1
28. kirkwoodj
29. gwilli1
31. LinaLee
33. windycityf
36. HB7
37. Bindibuys
38. Bindibuys +1
39. Sydney 1K
40. Sydney 1K +1
41. alief
43. Thongy
44. jswong
45. makal_t
46. travellingsmithy

GOLD:
3. nlagalle
4. drewbles

26. shansta
27. shansta+1
30. perthite
34. TIMP
35. bhatnasx
42. JohnSydney2000

SILVER:
32. JohnK

Copper
Reserved

BRONZE :
MrsBurrill
wtcmor
Mr_Tudball
SueOz
wijomas
KiwiFlyer
pbl22
RichardMEL
samh004
chicka
penegal
mrjojen
itsalongwaydown

d00t
Aus_Mal
Danny1501+1

Saturday QF SYD dom J lounge guesting list:

0730 tuapekastar - guesting Bundy Bear
0730 tuapekastar - guesting anat0l
0925 Hvr - guesting LinaLee
0925 Hvr - guesting serfty
1025 JessicaTam - guesting BindiBuys
1025 JessicaTam - guesting BindiBuys +1
1055 nlagalle - madrooster
1055 nlagalle - perthite
El_rooto - (are you arriving Sat a.m.?)
El_rooto -
1205 SQ421 - guesting kirkwoodj
jswong - guesting og
jswong - guesting
1600 JohnSydney2000 in FT corner

Need guesting:
Print Wikipost

16th Annual AGM + Tour(s) (TBC): SYD Sat 24 Feb 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Must be something going around Aeolus - I am feeling under the weather also...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:08 am

Thanks all for your best wishes, it’s greatly appreciated. 🙂 How wonderful is this community! I’m even receiving free medical advice via SMS (you know who you are) 🙂

Penegal, sorry to hear you are also under the weather. Take it easy.

And JT, thanks for your noble offer but I’m definitely out. Based on how I’m faring, I’ll be elated if I recover by this weekend.
QF WP, thanks for all your efforts in making this event happen and also in rallying the members on the charity. Last year, I donated a whole cabin suitcase of Peter Thomas Roth toiletries to this charity. I used to be embarrassed in collecting the toiletries but this charity changed my thinking.

Have a fantastic tour/AGM/dinner everyone. Sounds like a superb weekend coming up!
serfty and Storyteller like this.

Last edited by Aeolus; Feb 22, 2018 at 1:15 am
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by Aeolus
Penegal, sorry to hear you are also under the weather. Take it easy.
Thank you
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Good to see thread has livened up a little.

I'm taking daughter to SYD tomorrow evening on our second solo trip but first night she'll be away from her mother. Fun times ahead. We'll be in the SYD business lounge around 5:00pm on Saturday afternoon and hopefully meeting up with @Danny1501.

We'll then pick up my wife from BNE that night and head off to SIN then BKK.

Hope you all enjoy the planned activities.
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by JohnK
Good to see thread has livened up a little.

I'm taking daughter to SYD tomorrow evening on our second solo trip but first night she'll be away from her mother. Fun times ahead. We'll be in the SYD business lounge around 5:00pm on Saturday afternoon and hopefully meeting up with @Danny1501.

We'll then pick up my wife from BNE that night and head off to SIN then BKK.

Hope you all enjoy the planned activities.
what time is your flight? I'm on the 7pm back to MEL
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
As I'm Sydney based and thus not flying that day, if anyone is able to guest me into the J lounge mid morning that'd be appreciated. Please PM me if you are able to do so
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Same situation as madrooster. I think from the lists above that nlg may have spots?

I also note that if traffic in the area is ok there is a well timed 400 bus at 1.32pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nlagalle
I arrive at 10:55am form MEL and can guest 2 people in.
Puts hand up. Pick me. Pick me
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nlagalle
what time is your flight? I'm on the 7pm back to MEL
We're on the 6:30pm to BNE. First time I have come across a B717 on my commute in 10 years.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Hi all, it is with great sadness that I have to pull out due to sudden illness. Hope it is not too late for someone to take over my spot. Have fun and post lots of photos, I'll read with greatest envy.
Sorry to hear Aeolus. Was looking forward to catching up again. Get better soon!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Tuapekastar, I have tagged you to guest Bundy Bear.

Looks like there are a few who can be guested if need be.

Oh, someone else is going to have to chair the AGM! Phew.
Guest the Bundy Bear! Oh OK, if I have to.
Bundy Bear and JessicaTam like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
I also checked with (former) Red Roo about what to do with hand luggage. She advised there aren't lockable storage available, however plenty of space out of sight - the campus will be quiet, so no issues.

I reckon we just store it in the QF Boardroom
With that advice, I'll probably stick around SYD T3 after arriving in the morning. Initially I was thinking to hike into city and leave it with my hotel then go back.

I'll be arriving at 0840h. I'll need guesting in as I'm NB. If there are no more guest spots, I'm happy to arrange with others (including SYD residents) for catchups either inside other places at the airport or in CBD. Thanks in advance for anyone who guests me in!

I think I'm going to need the sleep from BNE so I've decided that I'm not going to use up a lounge pass at BNE QC and will also likely request to the FAs to skip breakfast for me on board.

There doesn't seem to be any ideas for Sunday (not expecting that there would be any planned events on that day, particularly from the organising executive), though given it's likely recovery day as well as departure day, there's probably a sentiment of "we'll work it out later".

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited by anat0l; Feb 22, 2018 at 12:41 pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Could someone please volunteer to guest me into the SYD lounge for the pre-tour meeting.

Last edited by og; Feb 22, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Thanks all for your best wishes, it’s greatly appreciated. 🙂 How wonderful is this community! I’m even receiving free medical advice via SMS (you know who you are) 🙂
Well we are disappointed for you - being on the Tour and then having to pull out at the last minute is gut wrenching.

QF WP, thanks for all your efforts in making this event happen and also in rallying the members on the charity. Last year, I donated a whole cabin suitcase of Peter Thomas Roth toiletries to this charity. I used to be embarrassed in collecting the toiletries but this charity changed my thinking.
I donated almost my entire collection 12 months ago to a local BNE charity (apart from some shampoo and conditioner to have for visitors or my daughter). Similarly, I don't feel bad collecting from my hotel room all the shampoo/conditioner/body cream as I have paid for it after all. There are certainly people less fortunate than ourselves. Some of them will love the larger bottles I get in my Suites as a Hilton Diamond.

Have a fantastic tour/AGM/dinner everyone. Sounds like a superb weekend coming up!
Watch out for the photos.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by anat0l
There doesn't seem to be any ideas for Sunday (not expecting that there would be any planned events on that day, particularly from the organising executive), though given it's likely recovery day as well as departure day, there's probably a sentiment of "we'll work it out later"
You thought Saturday was hard to organise a QF event, well Sunday was an impossibility. Hanger 96 is closed and similar for the Museum. It's the Lords day of rest. We may need that depending on how much we imbibe in the Hyatt 2 hours of alcohol."" as part of the dinner package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.