Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Beijing (PEK) direct route advice - unrefurbished A330-200 experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Beijing (PEK) direct route advice - unrefurbished A330-200 experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:26 am

EBG/L will be reconfigured to domestic config (matching the rest of the domestic -200’s). There are other complexities that mean this is a better option than putting them into the new international -200 config.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by HPSOV
EBG/L will be reconfigured to domestic config (matching the rest of the domestic -200’s). There are other complexities that mean this is a better option than putting them into the new international -200 config.
I'll take your word for it, but it still sounds bizarre: typical of the sort of non-management which led to this absurd situation in the first place.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I recall reading on another forum that they weren't upgraded initially as they didn't have much time left on the lease.
Not smart to spend millions on reconfig and taking them offline for weeks if you can't get a return on the investment.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Hi I am flying to PEK to SYD in March 2019.

I am trying to wrap my head around what you guys are discussing re: the changes. What does it mean for people flying this route? Will we still be flying an unrefurbed with angled seat in J?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by mingzie
Hi I am flying to PEK to SYD in March 2019.

I am trying to wrap my head around what you guys are discussing re: the changes. What does it mean for people flying this route? Will we still be flying an unrefurbed with angled seat in J?

Thanks.
I believe there will still be one unrefurbished 332 around at that time. If you've already booked you should be able to see what the config is. (Looks like the flights on 18/2 and 3/3 are old config, all new config after that).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:16 pm

As of yesterday there are now 4 332Ls so I'd hope you have a good chance of getting one of these
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
I booked AKL-SYD for Feb back in May and now appears to have an equipment change. Instead of a 1-2-1 in business on the A330 now it's 2-2-2. Are all the A330s supposed to get the new Business Suite?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF
Im booked on QF 37 tomorrow to SIN and the seatmap is now showing the old config....

I dont know why they cant put these frames on domestic flights rather than Asia
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:22 am

Agreed.
At the moment it's only one aircraft - EBG (EBL has been in BNE maintenance since early October, possibly but not confirmed getting reconfigured).

In the last 10 days EBG has been used on all manner of routes including SYD--HKG, PEK, CGK, MNL returns

And then in the last few days 2xPER-SYD returns, SYD-MEL and MEL-AKL return.

Will also be reportedly used for the upguaged SYD-DPS service over holiday period.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: QF
For those with flights into the future, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the seatmap. QF will predict which aircraft in advance they believe will operate on the day of your booking. The seatmap will show the current configuration of that aircraft, which as EBG/L will get the refurb is subject to change.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
booked on PEK-SYD in Business in early Nov. Outbound currently shows angle flat, return shows lie flat. Hoping the outbound gets swapped before I fly. or i could end up getting the shaft and getting both legs on the angle flat. sigh
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Two questions as a flyer booked on this route in July 2019:
1. If the setup is 1-2-1 does that mean it will be the new (vantage XL) seating?
2. What is the lounge situation for this flight? According to the OneWorld site the eligible lounge is Cathay but that is listed as closing 21:00, well before the flight departs at 23:45. Its not a huge concern with Priority Pass but a curious oversight perhaps?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:20 pm

1-2-1 means the Business Suites.

Cathay website shows longer hours
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_AU/travel-information/flying-with-us/all-lounges/beijing-pek/cathay-pacific-lounge.html
BLazarus22 likes this.

Last edited by moa999; Mar 17, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.