Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas LAX-MEL in Business Class - Pajamas Logistics??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas LAX-MEL in Business Class - Pajamas Logistics??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
No "strange fascination", just not wanting to pack something that will be given to me as part of my flight. Nice to use on a short trip and feel fine with disposing of them when done.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
On a recent flight from London I was on, it seems that the strange fascination with airline romper suits is abating - seemed like less than half of people actually took them when offered
Some airlines are claiming that ‘leisure’ travellers - cashed up after covid - are filling biz cabins. Maybe the demographic is unaware or unfamiliar with the concept of PJs?

They seem relevant to protect your clothes from food spills, and keep your regular clothes crease free.

Qantas doesn’t really understand the concept because they limit the offering of PJs to biz pax to select flights where they think people will be sleeping, rather than wanting PJs for the reasons I outlined above.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: QF Gold, CX Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
I flew LAX-SYD in J last week and none were handed out. When I asked a FA I was told that none were loaded. Hopefully it’s just a one off.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K >1MM ,QF Platinum,HH-Diamond,Marriott-Gold
I was also on a LAX-SYD flight in J on Memorial Day weekend --no PJs or amenity kits- no announcement,
I asked the crew --told no one had sent any to US points --asked why no announcement - he said " we did not know".
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
You wonder why, knowing nothing was available ex LAX, QF didn’t send them on the outbound from Australia?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by vbroucek
You should never ever change to pyjamas (or even take your shoes off) before the pushback. Many airlines will not even let you do so for the safety reasons (evacuation).
I have never heard of an airline not allowing pax to change before takeoff due to safety concerns. When I fly QF I always change in to the PJs before take off but keep my shoes on and passport/wallet handy until we are safely in the air. In the event of an emergency during take off resulting in a slide evacuation I have far bigger concerns than if I am wearing jeans or pyjamas.
Cedar Jet likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: qantas frequent flyer
It is annoying when they don't supply PJs on long flights, best PJ so far has been from Qatar business, better than Emirates first class. I always wait until take off then go to bathroom then chuck them on an hour after take off, everyone decides to go the the toilet for that amount of time after then so I just wait. I agree with Pbody I've changed a few times before take off when it was really late.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by og

The PJs come in 2 sizes so you won’t find them on the seat when you arrive. “Small/medium” and “medium/large”. If you specifically want small or large its best to ask early incase they run out of one particular size. I prefer to change after takeoff immediately after the seatbelt light goes out.
Is there any way to request a XS PJs before flight? They are very nice, however too big for me
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF Gold, CX Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is there any way to request a XS PJs before flight? They are very nice, however too big for me
They do not come in XS.

I have only seen J PJs come in M/L and L/XL. I have seen that F PJs also have a S/M.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rabbits5
They do not come in XS.

I have only seen J PJs come in M/L and L/XL. I have seen that F PJs also have a S/M.
so maybe I’ll just bring my QR PJs with me
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:51 am
Community Director Emerita

Are pajamas given out on MEL-LAX? And what is the current amenity kit?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Are pajamas given out on MEL-LAX? And what is the current amenity kit?
Yes, pajamas are given out on MEL-LAX.

Current amenity kit is here: Business amenity kit | Qantas

YMMV on which version is handed out on your flight. I seem to only be on flights that are stocked with less attractive colors. Other than the toothbrush and lip balm I don't find much in the current QF kit useful.
Koru Flyer and SanDiego1K like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.