Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Aquire Hello Business Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond

Bit of a facelift for their business program, no more pending points, only need a sole traveller now and Caltex now a partner, no doubt in preparation of the woolies outlets moving to BP?

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...ore-rewarding/
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Bit of a facelift for their business program, no more pending points, only need a sole traveller now and Caltex now a partner, no doubt in preparation of the woolies outlets moving to BP?

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...ore-rewarding/
Whereas the dumping of "pending points" is to be welcomed, IMHO this whole business program is extremely underwhelming, particularly since there are no guaranteed discounts for given flights.

As a small business owner I see better pricing for business domestic flights on the Virgin Accelerate program (but the Virgin booking engine is a disaster zone).

Kinda annoying that the big end of town gets the best deals...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:20 am
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
My impression, from a glance at the earning tables, is that only the higher value, flexible fare will earn points. Is that correct?

e.g. in Business, only J/C/D are listed on the table, not I.

Funny that First isn't included. Maybe I am misunderstanding the information presented...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
No, that table relates to "Qantas Business Rewards" discounts that can be received when purchasing fares. There is just no discount available if the fare class is not mentioned (e.g. I, N)

There is still still earn from any eligible (~) flight, based on a percentage of the individual base points.

i.e. As a level 1 my O class booking MEL-SIN three weeks ago earned 520 points, being 20% of the 2600 base earn for that segment in "discount economy".
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:37 pm
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
Ah, I see! Yes, it makes sense now. Thanks for that clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.