Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrade and differing frequent flyer program query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

I have a strange situation.

I'm living in the UK and almost Silver BA (Qantas Gold equivalent). I'm also Qantas Gold but it expires this month.

I'm flying Qantas tomorrow night and I have put in for an upgrade return to Business. I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be successful.

Now I have used by Qantas Gold to increase my upgrade chances in the system, but if I don't get the upgrade, Qantas Status is useless to me and I might as well credit it to BA. I do however want to maintain my return leg as Qantas Gold in case I get an upgrade on the return leg.

Is this possible? Is it also risky to change it for one way as this may impact my upgrade ranking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk newcomic.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the QF forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Note that Qantas will process upgrades up to the gate.
Worth investing in ExpertFlyer to see your potential chances.

It should be possible to change the FF number just for a single leg. albeit operators have been known to get it wrong
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I did this exact thing last week. BA Gold in the booking, and used my QF Ltg account to upgrade - using the upgrade a family member facility. Only curious thing was I had to state my relationship to myself ;-) Otherwise both upgrades (lhr syd and Mel lhr) were processed at between 24 and 48 hours.

I would just leave the qf number out of the booking to save the challenge of what if the system refuses to let go of the at number and the points end up in the wrong place.

KF
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Brilliant answer Koru Flyer and that is the best way to do it. QF system does technically support having separate FF numbers for status and for crediting points but 99.9% of staff do not know how to do this or do it wrong, so it is fraught with peril (I have about 50% success rate using this crediting between AA & QF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.