Search

Codes on JQ domestic boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Codes on JQ domestic boarding pass

Hi everyone,
I noticed the following codes on my JQ web check boarding pass.

BA20,HVC,JLSF,QFFP,V05A,WCEM,WCID

While I can guess what some of them mean, wonder what the others mean,
in particular, HVC, JLSF, V05A

I bought a Starter Plus fare but not checking in luggage.

This is my first time flying JQ domestic. All previous experiences are with JQ International Business and the international boarding passes look different.

I note that my QFFP number does not appear anywhere, only the words QFFP, whereas with international, the actual QFF number also appears on the boarding pass. Hopefully my points will post alright.

Cheers, Gerald
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

V05A is a $5 voucher (from the plus fare) [V10A is $10]
I have never had an issue with QF points posting from JQ flights. But keep the boarding pass
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Thanks Mwenenzi.
So I guess I need to flag down an FA when they do the buy on board, so that I can make use of the $5 voucher?
Any idea what HVC and JLSF stand for?
I have already picked a standard window seat as far forward as I can without paying for the up-front seat. If there are still some of those up-front seats available at the counter check-in, could these be requested at the counter without charge?
Thanks.
Cheers, Gerald
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:24 pm

This thread makes for good reading: link
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The crew have a list of all pax and whether or not they have a $5 voucher. The system works quite well.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by igel
So I guess I need to flag down an FA when they do the buy on board, so that I can make use of the $5 voucher?
Yes, you do have to say something. The JQ crews are not very good at noticing that you have a voucher. When they ask if I want anything from the trolley I usually say " there should be a credit there for me" they look up their list and agree. I usually ask for a muffin and a cup of tea, and they are on their way.
As someone else said, the points and SCs credit 24 hrs after the flight ( in my experience )
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:58 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
....But keep the boarding pass
Not possible on an International. Domestic flight - the BP is kept by immigration/ customs.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
Not possible on an International. Domestic flight - the BP is kept by immigration/ customs.
I only fly JQ international (NZ Aust) Have never had a BP kept by immigration/customs or by JQ.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I only fly JQ international (NZ Aust) Have never had a BP kept by immigration/customs or by JQ.
They tend to keep the domestic boarding passes with the 'D' sticker.That said Ive never had a problem with JQ crediting
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:52 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
This comment was meant to read "domestic sector of an international flight (eg SYD-MEL).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Exclamation

Originally Posted by og
Found this out a lot after travelling quite a few times on the 40SC sub $300 Starclass fares.

I took to taking a photo of my BP before boarding - although in the end I never needed to chase credit for these.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:22 pm

HVC is High Value Customer
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by Airvan00
Yes, you do have to say something. The JQ crews are not very good at noticing that you have a voucher. When they ask if I want anything from the trolley I usually say " there should be a credit there for me" they look up their list and agree. I usually ask for a muffin and a cup of tea, and they are on their way.
As someone else said, the points and SCs credit 24 hrs after the flight ( in my experience )
My experience on JQ domestic flights in NZ is that on every flight I've had a voucher for, would proactively ask me when they come along with the trolley. They have a list ordered by seat number so they know who to ask and they simply go through the list in order as they move through the plane. Perhaps the process is different in other markets.

Points/SC seem to vary -- sometimes it posts the next day but I've noticed for my last few flights its taken weeks. Again maybe JQ NZ specific. Looking at my records I've had a few flights (even though with QFFP on the BP showing my QFF number had been linked) where the points/SC did not post at all, requiring me to end in my BPs for a manual points claim.

YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.