Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Q Deals

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 1:26 am
DS0
Original Poster

Qantas Q Deals

I'm looking to book flights from the UK to Austrailia for March / April 2017 with a few domestic flights thrown in. Does anyone know when the best time to bookis. The current price for the flights are over £2500 for 2 people which is on a economy saver price.

On other dates say in February the price is £2098 for 2 on a Q Deal price.

Do Qantas release prices on Q Deals at a different date as I always thought that the cheapest deals are always when the flights are released.

Many thanks
Old May 4, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: QF QP
Qantas reduce their price when bookings fall below the expected take up. So there is no way to predict the changes. Best to keep an eye on the prices and book when you are happy with the price. Once you have booked never look at the prices again.
Old May 4, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: QF SG
I can see LHR to SYD return in March 2017 for one person for £962 (Saver fare), although that is still about £300 more than the lowest fare presently available (£667 for travel this month, May 2016).

The domestic flights might be inflating the price. Try looking at separate bookings, or different domestic flights.
Old May 7, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Perhaps not relevant/appropriate but I have been looking at Qatar Airways fares (Expedia UK site) from LHR/AMS to AKL next Feb on their new service. Prices come in at GBP2,200 return from LHR and GBP1,550 from AMS. Actually selling AMS via LHR (BA Club AMS-LHR, then QR 380) for GBP2,200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.