Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF double status credits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Status Run Opportunity for Double SCs Folk

There appears to be sale on for first class between eastern cities and NZ, e.g. BNE-AKL-BNE, SYD-AKL-SYD, etc., on the QF codeshare on the EK A380s.

Pricing round $1740 return.

Whilst on double status credits this earns 360 (1.5 x 2 x 120) round trip, bringing the cost to under $4.85 per status credit.

Since these runs can be done on a day trip, the opportunity cost is minimal (taxi / train to airport).

The point earn is 24,900 (20,000 plus 3,500 (assuming 2x on Amex) plus another 1400 if you are lucky to have the 40% bonus).

Depending how you value your points, this is a useful offset the $1740 fare.

If you actually need or want to go to NZ...even better!

To note:

- SYD-AKL seems to need an overnight
- The last day of the business class sale is today (9 dec) - so assuming the same applies to the first class sale: you may need to book today...

Last edited by Platy; Dec 9, 2016 at 1:21 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: QantasFF
Double Status Credits 2022

The trend historically has been for the Double Status Credits promotion to run in late Feb early Mar, are there any rumours it will run this year or will pent up demand and the reopening of borders be enough to keep the QF sales team and accountants happy?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Based on pure speculation once the path is clear DSC promote may come out as one prong in a campaign to lift forward bookings for the medium and long term. They will want to capture market share, lock in FF and I expect they will deal again with expiring status levels shortly as it has been a while and things did not go as expected when the last concession was made.

the cashflow and load factors of forward bookings will be much sought after
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by mikalee
the cashflow and load factors of forward bookings will be much sought after
The cheap tickets currently on offer (Biz and Why) were certainly in demand yesterday and no doubt cash flow was significantly boosted. I can’t see anything close to a general DSC offer for a while yet.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by og
The cheap tickets currently on offer (Biz and Why) were certainly in demand yesterday and no doubt cash flow was significantly boosted. I can’t see anything close to a general DSC offer for a while yet.
Agreed - also iirc there is never a fare sale when there is a DSC promo.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
is there a new DSC for All QFF members or just those in Australia

Hey All,

I read on some other sites that QF is having a DSC promo where a flyer has to choose between SC or Qantas Point...Now here is the thing, some have mentioned that its is ONLY for Australia Based QFF members (registered residents of Australia) with flights originating FROM Australia, WHILE others say that it is opened for all members with flights from Anywhere...

hoping some one here has better insight and can share with me
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Hey All,

I read on some other sites that QF is having a DSC promo where a flyer has to choose between SC or Qantas Point...Now here is the thing, some have mentioned that its is ONLY for Australia Based QFF members (registered residents of Australia) with flights originating FROM Australia, WHILE others say that it is opened for all members with flights from Anywhere...

The offer is stated in the fine print as being for "For Qantas Frequent Flyer members who reside in Australia (with an Australian address in their Frequent Flyer Profile), who register and make an Eligible Flight booking..." I can't see where it states only flights originating in Australia are eligible (unless this is how they will verify whether you're resident in Australia). I have changed my address to one in Australia in the hope that is the only check.

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...its-mar22.html
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Hey All,

Yesterday I got an email about this allowing me to register being based in New Zealand. However I'm not sure whether it has been opened up for members in other countries.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by minz56
Yesterday I got an email about this allowing me to register being based in New Zealand. However I'm not sure whether it has been opened up for members in other countries.
The email I got yesterday is a new offer. No restrictions on residency in the t&cs. Also not targeted since it is on qf's nz web page.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The email I got yesterday is a new offer. No restrictions on residency in the t&cs. Also not targeted since it is on qf's nz web page.
The terms at the bottom of the "Thanks a Million" page explicitly state it's only for Australian residents - check the footnote under the "^" symbol. It might be worth trying to fool the system by entering a Australian address (a friends address, a hotel?) but I wouldn't take it for granted that an NZ (or UK) address will qualify you. Also worth noting that EK and JQ codeshares are excluded.

Last edited by madeupname3; Mar 31, 2022 at 2:53 am Reason: Addition of link to relevant promotion page
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by madeupname3
The terms at the bottom of the "Thanks a Million" page explicitly state it's only for Australian residents - check the footnote under the "^" symbol. It might be worth trying to fool the system by entering a Australian address (a friends address, a hotel?) but I wouldn't take it for granted that an NZ (or UK) address will qualify you. Also worth noting that EK and JQ codeshares are excluded.

The NZ version is different and can be accessed from the NZ page of the QF website:

https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequen...3Aen%3Aflights
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
The NZ version is different and can be accessed from the NZ page of the QF website:

https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequen...3Aen%3Aflights
Thanks Minz56, those T&Cs don't seem to exclude any overseas member but weren't the ones linked to the email I received, I've saved just in cased the bonus doesn't credit :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.