Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Lounge Privileges?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
Qantas Lounge Privileges?

Hi folks. I'm flying into Sydney, international first class on American Airlines metal. No outgoing flight.

I arrive at 7 am but can't check into my hotel until 3 pm. Can I use the Quantas lounge to take a shower when I arrive in Sydney? Sure would make it a nicer day of touring Sydney if I could take a nice shower after 24 hours of travel.

If the answer is no, can I pay to get in and how much is it?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:33 pm

No on both counts. As far as I know there are no arrivals lounges in Sydney (certainly no Qantas one anyway), and in any case Qantas does not allow paid access.

Sorry! Welcome to Sydney, though...
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No
Same as here a little down the page http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...iving-mel.html
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Indeed, there is no lounge that can be accessed , but there are showers in the terminal ( http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/find...9C3855E5CD6%7D ) if you bring a towel

Does the hotel you are going to have a swimming pool or gym facilities ? If so there may well be shower facilties that you could use there
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Many times I have found a small premium will guaranty an early checkin. The Marriott let me in at 9am for $75AUD. Four Seasons was about the same for an 11am I think.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Harbour Marriott in Sydney actually has a suite for "early arrival" as an amenity to allow taking a shower, maybe some other hotels also offer this now in Sydney? While hotel occupancy is running very high in Sydney there are lots of early checkouts and I've never failed to be able to checkin before noon, fwiw, so 3pm is a worst-case unless you have some specific room requirements. Also lots of gyms sell a day pass which would get you a shower if your hotel does not. It really isn't a big problem and I've never felt the need for an arrivals lounge at Sydney (unlike LHR which does need one!).
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by number_6
The Harbour Marriott in Sydney actually has a suite for "early arrival" as an amenity to allow taking a shower, maybe some other hotels also offer this now in Sydney? While hotel occupancy is running very high in Sydney there are lots of early checkouts and I've never failed to be able to checkin before noon, fwiw, so 3pm is a worst-case unless you have some specific room requirements. Also lots of gyms sell a day pass which would get you a shower if your hotel does not. It really isn't a big problem and I've never felt the need for an arrivals lounge at Sydney (unlike LHR which does need one!).
This is good advice. I would contact your hotel ahead of time to see if they have any early arrivals options. Park Hyatt in Sydney had an option to shower and store items when I arrived early and the room was not ready yet.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
That's very good advice. Staying at the Intercontinental, but now that I think about it I should have made that a criteria for booking the hotel.

For some reason I thought I could use the Qantas Lounge so I didn't think about the hotel before. Still plenty of time to change the hotel if I need to.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Indeed, there is no lounge that can be accessed , but there are showers in the terminal ( http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/find...9C3855E5CD6%7D ) if you bring a towel

Does the hotel you are going to have a swimming pool or gym facilities ? If so there may well be shower facilties that you could use there
I saw there was some public showers. \I also heard they sell towels nearby so we wouldn't have to bring one along.

I wonder if they are gross? LOL!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by LTRS
That's very good advice. Staying at the Intercontinental, but now that I think about it I should have made that a criteria for booking the hotel.

For some reason I thought I could use the Qantas Lounge so I didn't think about the hotel before. Still plenty of time to change the hotel if I need to.
Sydney hotels are used to early arrivals (and early check-outs to catch morning flights) and as noted many have facilities to provide temporary accommodation/showers. I've done this several times at the IC before becoming Royal Ambassador (which guaranteed a room for early arrivals). They have a couple of rooms with couch/desk and shower bathrooms. Email the hotel to let them know your arrival time and they may hold one of these for you. No additional cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.