Wiki Posts
Search

Status Credits on Qatar 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Status Credits on Qatar 2016

Hi there,

I recently booked a flight from Brisbane to Copenhagen through an online travel agency. Stopover in Melbourne and Doha on the way out, and Doha/Perth on the way back. Domestic flights are QF while the rest is Qatar.
I flew Qatar back in June and earned status credits therefore I assumed it would be the same for these flights. One of the QF online support crew however suggested otherwise. I went back to QF earning table (https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...-earning-table)
and couldn't figure out why this is the case.

Anyone?

Thanks

M
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Aze_2
Hi there,

I recently booked a flight from Brisbane to Copenhagen through an online travel agency. Stopover in Melbourne and Doha on the way out, and Doha/Perth on the way back. Domestic flights are QF while the rest is Qatar.
I flew Qatar back in June and earned status credits therefore I assumed it would be the same for these flights. One of the QF online support crew however suggested otherwise. I went back to QF earning table (https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...-earning-table)
and couldn't figure out why this is the case.

Anyone?

Thanks

M
What is the fare class?

For a mapping of fare classes to the columns in the QF earn table, see https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#qr. Specifically, note that several classes (O, Q, N, S, ...) are not listed, and therefore earn nothing.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Unfortunately there's been changes since you last flew in June 2015 and these changes are effective from 1st Dec 2015. Status credit wise Perth is better to fly through on QR than the eastern OZ ports.

When booking partner airlines I think it's better to check the fare classes prior to booking +/- screenshot the tables until the sc show up in your account. It will at least mean you have the most up to date info when booking so you can make adjustments if needed.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.. i'll make sure to check fares before booking next time.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
you could benefit from shooting these missing points to another airline such as BA or QR
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garethlewis
you could benefit from shooting these missing points to another airline such as BA or QR
Probably will do that. I asked my agency how much the change of fare will cost and it's around 500quids which doesn't make sense to pay just to retain silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.