Search

advice needed re online checkin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
advice needed re online checkin

The situation:

I am at the end of an AONE4 round the world. The last series of flights are ORD-LAX-HKG-HND, all transits. At HND I have a 6 hour layover and then connect to QF to SYD, which is a different ticket with a different PNR. At Chicago I checked my baggage all the way through to SYD and got the boarding passes for the first three flights. I'm now in LAX and when get to Hong Kong the online checkin will have opened for QF and I want to check in online there for the HND-SYD flight so that I won't have to go airside at HND. The website will (I assume) ask me whether or not I have checked bags. What should I click in reply? If I say yes, will it expect me to check them in (when I dont have them) and if I click no, will there be a problem reconciling the baggage?

Or am I over-thinking things...?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Medicus
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by medicus
The situation:

I am at the end of an AONE4 round the world. The last series of flights are ORD-LAX-HKG-HND, all transits. At HND I have a 6 hour layover and then connect to QF to SYD, which is a different ticket with a different PNR. At Chicago I checked my baggage all the way through to SYD and got the boarding passes for the first three flights. I'm now in LAX and when get to Hong Kong the online checkin will have opened for QF and I want to check in online there for the HND-SYD flight so that I won't have to go airside at HND. The website will (I assume) ask me whether or not I have checked bags. What should I click in reply? If I say yes, will it expect me to check them in (when I dont have them) and if I click no, will there be a problem reconciling the baggage?

Or am I over-thinking things...?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Medicus
Over thinking it

If there are any problems of issues with the on line check-in you could either visit the QF transfer desk at HKG (if it's open), or visit the QF lounge and speak to reception, or speak to the transfer desk/lounge/gate at HND.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Sensible advice!

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.