Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club Sydney Dom - Flying JQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Qantas Club Sydney Dom - Flying JQ

Flying JQ SYD-OOL-SYD for various reasons (better timing and about 1/3 the price of QF), and understand JQ depart from a different terminal from QF at SYD Domestic. I assume its still ok to use the Qantas lounge? Just a bit more hassle having to clear security twice, and a long walk from the lounge to the JQ flight.

Also, at OOL , reading the QF site it mentions the lounge is only open 2 hours prior to each QF departure (i assume this doesnt include JQ?) Anyone know if this is this strictly enforced? Have checked the QF schedules and the flight im on is due to depart OOL about 2 hours after one QF flight, and 2 hours before another.

Edited to add - I am QF Gold
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Still OK to use T3 in SYD, but yes you need to go through the exit, across the carpark, back through security, then into T2.

The OOL opening is fairly strictly enforced. They shoo people out on the last QF departures and lock the automatic door so you can't enter it.
From my single experience it opens pretty much on the dot of 2hrs before
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by moa999
Still OK to use T3 in SYD, but yes you need to go through the exit, across the carpark, back through security, then into T2.

The OOL opening is fairly strictly enforced. They shoo people out on the last QF departures and lock the automatic door so you can't enter it.
From my single experience it opens pretty much on the dot of 2hrs before
You don't need to go thru the car park and across the roads, just go thru the tunnel that goes via the railway station for a quick transit. I agree with your observations at OOL.
I do the trip SYD-OOL-SYD regularly on JQ, but don't bother with the QP on the way up, and sometimes get lucky with the flight times on the way back, otherwise it's just the coffee shop.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Thanks for your replys. Not exactly what i wanted to hear, but was to be expected i guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.