Wiki Posts
Search

MCT at ADL, Domestic, ZL & QF?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by nux
You have insurance that covers missed connections, where you've booked separate tickets under the published MCT?
Reading the policy I hold, I feel pretty comfortable that I know what is defined, what is covered and what isnt- and my legal position. At best the requirements for through tickets and MCT compliance are poorly defined in the policy. Would it become a pissing match? Likely.

I do note that issues with Chartered Aircraft will not be covered (unless those charters are operated by a regular Airline that provides regular scheduled services..an odd little wrinkle. ie "we dont cover a charter unless it is proved by an airline tha also provides regular scheduled services"... This is an issue for me up in GBR as well for some of my plans. There are small air companies that provide scheduled services AND charters, and ways to document same.)

Finally the policy will only pay US$300 (I just checked it) after a 6 hr delay. I'd surely pay what they wanted to move me on the next flight, and hope it was before 6 hrs.

I guess the bottom line to your observation is "im not depending on it"

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Sep 7, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Finally the policy will only pay US$300 (I just checked it) after a 6 hr delay. I'd surely pay what they wanted to move me on the next flight, ....
With FX rates moving as they have in the last few weeks, that USD300 is suddenly yielding serious amounts of AUD (sadly).
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:50 pm
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Not sure where the best place to ask this is, but I'm flying HKG-ADL-SYD on CX173/QF740 on 3/14, and there's a 90 minute connection. I'm sure that's more than the MCT, but I was wondering if there would be enough time for a quick shower in the Qantas Club. CX173 seems to be the only international flight arriving that early in the morning, and I should be able to use a SmartGate to clear immigration (not sure if that saves much time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.