Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks QF - help during IRROPS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Thumbs up Thanks QF - help during IRROPS

Just a note and thumbs up to Qantas for their help over the last couple of days.

Family and I (2adults, 2 young children) have recently returned from a holiday in Europe taking in the UK and Austria.

Our return to New Zealand began in VIE (great city by the way!). I had one itinerary VIE-DOH-CMB (on QR) and then onwards after a 9hr stopover CMB-SIN-MEL-WLG with the last two legs on QF. All in J.

Some of you will probably guess why the separate tickets to and from CMB

Anyway, the QR agent managed to tag our five heavy bags all the way through to WLG using two tags as there wasn't space on just one! first time I have seen this!

When we arrived in SIN, QF36 was showing a 19hour delay....not good.

Went to the QP and had a chat with the agent. Many people had been affected as this was a rolling problem after a couple of flights went tech plus delays due to SG50 and out of position planes.

I asked if he could help with getting us home any way possible with onward travel that night (QF36 leaves at 19.55).

After much phone calling and chat with other agents, with me in the background looking up EF to see what availability there was on SQ and others, the agent produces 4 tickets in J for us on the late EK flight that means we also preserve our connection to Welly.

Well, I know plenty of people affected didn't manage a similar outcome, so whilst perhaps we may have been "in more need" with small children, I was so grateful for the way the agent dealt with it (given plenty of angry passengers around). I have a feeling we may have gotten the only seats available in J on that flight as it was showing C4, J4 at the time.

I will drop a line to QF, although if there is a better way of conveying my thanks to QF and the particular agent at SIN who helped us, let me know.

As an aside, our luggage, despite making it all the way to MEL still missed the flight to WLG! (two hour connection so wasn't impossible)!! Got it today (24hours later).

Just need to get them to credit the original routing to get my new QF WP status!

Thanks QF, you came through for us when it counted.

dj
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
That's a pretty good effort and thanks for posting. Please let us know what response you get from Customer Care.
If you are so inclined you might Tweet or post to QF on Facebook. This will usually get an instant response and you can hopefully DM them your details.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
It's always nice to hear that QF can help when required. A really nice effort.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Good to hear that all worked out for you.

Let's face it: the differentiating factor between a true full-service airline and the pretenders are with respect to how they handle IRROPS.

Must say: in previous years, I've found QF very proactive, however it looks as though this is becoming less so. Here is another example of the CUSTOMER having to chase QF and although it worked for them, there are a few examples in the press where it did not.

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:43 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by BD1959

Must say: in previous years, I've found QF very proactive, however it looks as though this is becoming less so. Here is another example of the CUSTOMER having to chase QF and although it worked for them, there are a few examples in the press where it did not.
In this SIN example, sounds like someone forgot to be proactive. But I assume the media only published one side of the story.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by BD1959
Good to hear that all worked out for you.

Let's face it: the differentiating factor between a true full-service airline and the pretenders are with respect to how they handle IRROPS.

Regards,

BD
Contrary to the article, I was told that it wasn't just the SG50 delays, but also at least one of the birds went tech..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.