Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$400 off Quantas Airfare $2000+

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

$400 off Quantas Airfare $2000+

Apologies, not sure where it makes the most sense to post this, but figure folks in this forum might be most likely to benefit.

Noticed in the Amex "Offers and Benefits" section online the following for my Hilton Amex (regular, not Surpass). It was not available on my Delta Platinum Amex. These are the offers you have to manually add/enroll to the card in order to get the statement credit. Note, the $2000 spend does not appear to require a single flight/purchase (which would be consistent with other vendor offers I have used that allowed multiple purchases to hit spend requirement).

Details
Get a 1X $400 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $2000 or more online at qantas.com by 8/15/2015. Purchases must be made on Qantas' US website. Offer is not valid on vacation packages. See terms for full exclusions.

Terms
Valid online only at qantas.com. Valid only on purchases of airfare made at Qantas’ US website. Not valid on purchases made by phone or at physical locations including, but not limited to the Qantas shop, the Qantas store and Qantas clubs and lounges. Offer not valid on purchases made in flight. Offer not valid for any purchases of a vacation package or through a third party (including resellers and online marketplaces). Qantas freight airfare not included. Offer not valid on any purchases made by using American Express Membership Rewards®. Excludes Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than registered American Express Serve® and Bluebird® Cards). Enrollment limited. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/15/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BU9L:0001
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:34 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
1. There is no "U" in QANTAS.

2. Sadly, this is only for US issued AMEX cards. As usual, the opportunities for Oz cards are very limited.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
It seems like all you have to do is spend $2000. It need not be on a ticket for you?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by og

Sadly, this is only for US issued AMEX cards. As usual, the opportunities for Oz cards are very limited.
I got a $5 statement credit for spending $15 at McDonalds last month
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:31 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Was that compensation?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by og
Was that compensation?
It was an Amex offer that finished at the start of July.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, QFF Bronze, VA Red, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred,
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Really, on a U.S. Amex or Aussie Amex? If it was US then they owe me five bucks.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: QF Silver
You have to opt in for these deals first.

Log in to your Amex account at network.American express.com, select and offer to opt in. Do the purchase. You'll receive an email informing you the statement credit will follow within five days.

Example the recent McDonalds promo: opt in online first, rock up, place your order with the minimum spend and pay with your Amex, get food poisoning, get an email confirmation almost instantly, get your statement credit.

I only have an Australian issued Velocity Platinum and CPA Platinum Amex but I am pretty sure it works the same way for other cards.

NB: Amex Oz currently has a promo to spend min $500 on Expedia Hotels and get a $50 statement credit. Not bad if the hotel quote is competitive.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by brookedylan
Really, on a U.S. Amex or Aussie Amex? If it was US then they owe me five bucks.
Cards issued by American Express Australia only, and you also needed to have saved the offer to your card before making the qualifying purchase in order to enjoy the rebate.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
I have had the benefit of offers from Woolworths ($10), Liquorland ($15) and dare I say it ........Maccas ($5), for my grandson, of course. My card is Amex issued by NAB but I had already joined amexconnect
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by brookedylan
Clarify that... go for 5 US dollars... not Aussie ones!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Every other such offer for US-based Amex cards requires the stated amount to be charged in a SINGLE transaction. I am confident this one is the same, so ONE charge of >$2000 USD!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
1. There is no "U" in QANTAS.
Sorry for letting my American show, I blame muscle memory. Can't type the Q w/o the u

Originally Posted by Brendan
Every other such offer for US-based Amex cards requires the stated amount to be charged in a SINGLE transaction. I am confident this one is the same, so ONE charge of >$2000 USD!
Thanks for your 100% certitude Brendan, but you are wrong. Every other offer does not require a single charge. I got a statement credit just last month for meeting spend over 3 purchases on an offer and a similar experience around a year ago.

I cannot say it definitely applies here, if someone has the offer, I recommend them checking, however there is language that indicates it to be possible (probable?):

a total of [...] by 8/15/2015
Purchases must be made
Absence of any language stating "a single purchase"
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
The credit has already posted.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:18 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
The credit has already posted.
So has mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.