Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage or Mileage Plan Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international or domestic short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. *Recent Reports Indicate Access via the following Criteria is being Denied with patrons being sent to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: .First Class passengers^ travelling on a three class transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight on a designated route (e.g. between Los Angeles & New York).
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).

§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day. Such Lounge access is based on the class of services of the long haul flight (First or Business) regardless of the class of travel on the short haul flight.

^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so much these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED HEREIN

Lounge access rules

All non-AA and Non-AS Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA and non AS Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK, BOS or MIA in First Class.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com

Qantas.com Access Rules, with specific carve-out for transcon markets.

Print Wikipost

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Another Access Clarification Question.....

[/QUOTE]

The above excerpt from the QF website appears to differ from the current Wikipost in this thread.

As an AA EXP, I'll be arriving in 3-class First from JFK and connecting to an AA flight to SFO (not QF codeshare). Will I have access?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, United Platinum
Originally Posted by chongl
Lunch isn't served until 11:30AM, is that correct? Trying to plan for my next trip and want to experience more than just breakfast
I believe breakfast ends at 11:30am and Lunch service starts at 12pm.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:38 pm

Traveling HKG-LAX on CX First, LAX - DFW on American Econ. Will I have access?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Traveling HKG-LAX on CX First, LAX - DFW on American Econ. Will I have access?
Yes - based on Class of Service with a First class flight longer than five hours a connecting to a domestic service (#4 in the wiki).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
As an AA EXP, I'll be arriving in 3-class First from JFK and connecting to an AA flight to SFO (not QF codeshare). Will I have access?
I believe you would have access to the AA F/L in T4 under AA's access rules.

I don't believe you'd have access to the Qantas First lounge under oneworld rules.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by serfty
I don't believe you'd have access to the Qantas First lounge under oneworld rules.
It should theoretically work.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: LH HON
Arriving from an international flight should still grant access (same day domestic connection) with reference to NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary", or did that change? HKG-LAX-LAS as OWE (EXP/CK).
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ckx2
Arriving from an international flight should still grant access (same day domestic connection) with reference to NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary", or did that change? HKG-LAX-LAS as OWE (EXP/CK).
Not sure I totally understand the question, but on this itinerary, you'd definitely have access.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckx2
You are NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary" - You itinerary needs to be taken as whole, so the HKG part of HKG-xLAX-LAS sees to that. With this, as an EXP you have status based access as indicated with point 2 of the Wiki.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by pwacher
I believe breakfast ends at 11:30am and Lunch service starts at 12pm.
My experience has been that they will start taking the lunch orders from 11:00, in fact they came upto me and offered the lunch menu (I'd had breakfast not long before) and ensured that they got the food out to me so that I could catch my 12:00 flight
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
I am a QF P1 arriving at LAX on QF93 in F and my onward connection is QF3739 (codeshare operated by AS as AS465) in F. Based on this which appears on the QF website (Lounge Locations | North America | Los Angeles International Airport Tom Bradley Terminal | International First):

I will have access to the QF F lounge at LAX as my next onward flight that day has a QF flight number. It is not operated by QF, but that is not one of the conditions noted in the above (for OWE access, OWE marketed and operated flight is required).

Is my understanding correct or have I missed something? Many thanks for your assistance.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
P1 gets you access in any case, as an unpublished benefit, so you don't really need to worry.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
Originally Posted by number_6
P1 gets you access in any case, as an unpublished benefit, so you don't really need to worry.
Thanks so much!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
I would dispute that. Officially CL yes, P1 no ...

Originally Posted by Chalkie

Is my understanding correct or have I missed something? Many thanks for your assistance.
Your understanding is correct, departing LAX in a Qantas First fare bucket (F, A, P) on a QF flight number will get access.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:57 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
pic isnt attaching....ugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.