Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vbroucek
The link http://qantasgold.qantas.com/ clearly says
I wonder how they would react to an AA GLD (OW Ruby) matching
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I wonder how they would react to an AA GLD (OW Ruby) matching
I got mildly ridiculed when I asked that before: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24400093-post14.html
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
Mine was accepted this morning (2nd attempt). Already showing me as gold online.

This was a non Air NZ match too
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:59 pm

The confirmation email finally came through this morning. Five days after my online account was updated with "Gold"
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:00 pm

Are people receiving their QF Gold packs yet?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Also, I have a JQ international flight coming up. If I don't get my QF Gold card in time, can I get into the lounge if I give them my QFF number at the door (Or show them on the Qantas app)?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by ajobbins
Also, I have a JQ international flight coming up. If I don't get my QF Gold card in time, can I get into the lounge if I give them my QFF number at the door (Or show them on the Qantas app)?
I had a QF domestic flight last week, and my QF Gold status was showing on the Boarding Pass, despite not having the card. Got into the lounge without any problem... They didn't even ask for the card
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by pepsi1336
I had a QF domestic flight last week, and my QF Gold status was showing on the Boarding Pass, despite not having the card. Got into the lounge without any problem... They didn't even ask for the card
Cool, ta. I didn't have my QFF number on my JQ profile but I've just added it now. Hopefully it picks it up on check in. Couldn't see a way to add it directly to the booking.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for the status match and was (eventually) successful. Still waiting for my physical card. This motivated me to apply for my wife as well last week. I submitted the online form but, unlike me, she never got the email stating that they'd be examining her request. Does anyone know if this means it was "lost"? Should I submit it again, or just wait? BTW, is there a time limitation on this offer?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I applied for the status match and was (eventually) successful. Still waiting for my physical card. This motivated me to apply for my wife as well last week. I submitted the online form but, unlike me, she never got the email stating that they'd be examining her request. Does anyone know if this means it was "lost"? Should I submit it again, or just wait? BTW, is there a time limitation on this offer?
After mine was accepted yesterday I got my wife to apply and she got the email. Suggest checking SPAM folders and if not there, apply again. I the promo ends this month, but they might pull it early if they decided they have given enough people gold.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by ajobbins
the promo ends this month, but they might pull it early if they decided they have given enough people gold.
When the offer was first published (or rather, sent out to select people before being "publicly" reported and re-blogged online), it was originally to end on 9th March (this past Monday at time of this post), making this promotion 1 month long.

However it's been extended until 16th March (this coming Monday) as per Terms & Conditions from their site:
This Offer opens 12.01am NZDT 9 February 2015 and is valid until 11.59pm NZDT 16 March 2015 (“Promotional Period”). This Offer is subject to change without notice. Qantas may extend the offer.

And no, no reported instance of the Gold pack being sent out and received yet. I applied and got status match approved back on 23rd February (~2.5 weeks ago), still waiting.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:58 pm

Promotion now closed. Still waiting to hear back if my wife was accepted. Her account still showing bronze
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
pack arrived today

confirmation received end of feb I don't Rememebr exact date
matched from aa plat
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Safe to assume most of the Gold packs are being received this week.

Lots of people confirmed getting the pack today over at the NZ forum thread.

Also got mine this morning.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:07 am

I never received an email telling me my match was accepted, but I applied the first week of March using my A3*G card and looks like I was accepted. I've never even been to New Zealand, just used http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.