Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

information on wine from QF First lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Hi

Was in QF First Lounge in November and they had a red wine, which I took the pick of but cannot find it. Just the name in yellow font "eemske" I guess the first and last consonants are missing, but cannot find a good Google hit.

Idea?

KF
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club

Could be Heemskerk if it was a pinot but more likely the Reschke Vitulus cab sav, which they've had in the lounge for a while.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. Yep it was this one

http://www.heemskerk.com.au/en/Wines...inot-Noir.aspx
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:41 am

Huh. Was it any good? I'm back in the lounge on New Year's Day....
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Yes it was very nice. Although it was trumped by the appearance of a Clonakilla Shiraz Viognier. :-)
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I bought a case of Clonakilla a few weeks ago for over $1000 ... suspect not the same wine that QF is serving, but still quite impressive selection. One of the great wines in the world and a CSIRO triumph.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:06 am

The Clonakilla sells for c. $100 per bottle and I agree is a great wine. I'm not surprised that it was in the lounge. Last time I was in there in October they had the Rockford Basket Press which is similarly priced. I'll be back on New Year's Day and hoping they still have it!!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by theassassin
The Clonakilla sells for c. $100 per bottle and I agree is a great wine. I'm not surprised that it was in the lounge. Last time I was in there in October they had the Rockford Basket Press which is similarly priced. I'll be back on New Year's Day and hoping they still have it!!
I would put the basket press inside my 3 favourite reds.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
This afternoon we have the Rockford Basket Press Shiraz Baross 2012 in the lounge. Superb wine that matches well with the lamb.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Quite nice of QF to keep stocking such wines in their SYD F lounge (sadly not at LAX ). Once upon a time BA used to have even nicer reds in their Concorde room, but that cellar has run dry. Now its just good champers for BA, while QF has both reds and whites that are noteworthy. Sometimes even on-board if Joyce is fllying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.