Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetconnect NZ - feeling ripped off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
The QF code share on LA metal is the sweet spot for me. It gets the QF SCs and points (if crediting to QF FF) and gets the fantastic LA cabin crew.
Not for me, LA is not one I would choose - have done LA twice and not interested in a 3rd; for a non stop syd-akl I would tend to go to emirates and book on EK

There are a number of options on the route and anyone booking JetConnect should expect to get that which JetConnect provides and not what other carriers offer
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not for me, LA is not one I would choose - have done LA twice and not interested in a 3rd;....
Out of interest, why?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:58 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've only had great experiences on this route in LA J. Food wasn't exciting but service was stellar.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by eminere
Another fifth freedom flight between SYD and AKL is the CI51 service on MWTS.
CI also operates between BNE and AKL.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:20 am

Jetconnect crews smile like they mean it. Emirates crews smile like they cant wait to get the hell off the plane in Sydney. Yep the 737 is tiny and J seats are not great, but the service is mint. They do their best with what they have. Especially as I live in Wellington, I have gone via EK a few times in J via Auckland so I could sample the A380 bar and their lounge, but its not really worth the extra journey to me.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
Out of interest, why?
I have just been extremely unimpressed with LA whilst EK business and 1st class have always been very good
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The OMG O'clock ex AKL departure for the LA flight is somewhat of a turnoff.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
Not really it means you get a full day in Australia and those on this side of the Tasman may just be used to the early morning flight, full day and party at night routine.....
Originally Posted by Shamrock55
Jetconnect crews smile like they mean it. Emirates crews smile like they cant wait to get the hell off the plane in Sydney. Yep the 737 is tiny and J seats are not great, but the service is mint. They do their best with what they have. Especially as I live in Wellington, I have gone via EK a few times in J via Auckland so I could sample the A380 bar and their lounge, but its not really worth the extra journey to me.
I completely agree with your comment.
For such a short trip, unless dead tired I would not get any kind of sleep so a large fuly flat bed is not worth it for me.
The 737 J seat is sufficient for the job, could always do with more pitch, as it really is only 3 hours and big enough, after F&B service it is roomy enough for my large laptop, a note pad, drink on the centre console, to do work.
The Jetconnect crews are so much more personable, LA can be good I used to fly them all the time TT and experienced the dreaded delay or cancellation many a time...., my 2 EK experiences left me cold by the crews attitude old 777 seat, and well NZ on the flights that do have Business are good, just a crappy fare price and FFP.
Of course with all this said and done I do not buy the non-sale QF fare as the value is just not there.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I quite like it, as it (usually) allows me to get to an 8am SYD meeting, with a nicer ride than QF's 73Hs.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I am +1 with Dave Noble on disliking LA.

I flew SYD-AKL in J a couple of years ago. I was highly unimpressed with the hard product (yes, better than 73H across the ditch, but I'd hate that seat for the long haul) and the soft product and crew inattention/disinterest. Sure it's a tag for them, and I have just the one flight to judge by, but I'd rather my 80SC's on an EK a/c for the hard product and better soft product (FA smiles irrelevant to me ) or QF for schedule. it's a 3-4 hours(max) flight and during daylight hours not really a sleeping need. eg: in Oct I flew the EK MEL-AKL 0810-1345 schedule, and I reclined, watched a movie, found the food.. well.. OK, but the Moet was fine but didn't sleep. I'd prob do the same (without the Moet ) on a QF 73H.

LA did not impress me on the SYD-AKL sector. Each to their own of course!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:54 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
LA Trans Tasman is a very crude version of their full service AKL-SCL. You'd think it were two completely different airlines. Have done this combo enough times to be a good judge of the character of the LA beast.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:56 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
LA Trans Tasman is a very crude version of their full service AKL-SCL. You'd think it were two completely different airlines. Have done this combo enough times to be a good judge of the character of the LA beast.
Whereas I've fallen asleep on both legs and awoke to find a pillow under my head and a doona over me with my bed from reclined to fully flat. That to me is attentive service.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:19 pm

+1 for me
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
My strategy for AKL-SYD is:

Morning - LA
Evening - EK
Other time - QF

For SYD-AKL:
Morning - EK
Other time - QF
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I can accept the tag flight is of lesser service quality than the long haul and obviously I have 1 data point vs many. Still, it put me off the idea. And now with the QFF SC devaluation for partners, if you fly on the LA code you're worse off..... (eg: 40 in J vs. 80 on the QF*).. Last time I seriously looked at this, the QF* on LA was a heap more than booking LA direct....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.