Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF8 DFW/SYD Diverting to LAX - 19NOV14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Just a heads up for anyone that maybe waiting for this flight to arrive.

QF 8 DFW-SYD (A380) is currently diverting to LAX this evening.

According to QF Flight Stats the new flight timings are as follows:

Arrives in LAX 01:35 a.m. local
Departs LAX 02:35 a.m. local

Arrives SYD 12:35 p.m. local - 6.5 hours later.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:48 am

The aircraft diverted to LAX due to a medical emergency. Crew out of hours so new ETD 2130 Friday, ETA SYD 0739 Saturday. Hope the person concerned is OK
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
He is, or so they say. They told us he actually died from cardiac arrest and they worked hard to bring him back. They used the upstairs lounge as a emergency room. We were well into the Pacific with 12 hours flight time to go, when suddendly the time changed to 16:16 and while I was staring at the clock to 2:37. It was a ... moment for everyone looking at the flight paln screen until the captin finally told us what was going on. We were all bussed out to a Long Beach hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.