Options if I miss flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Options if I miss flight

Hi All-

Hope you are well!

I have a tight connection coming up from ARN-LHR-DXB .. The ARN-LHR flight is on a separate segment to my LHR-DXB flight.

I booked the LHR-DXB flight using US Airways miles.

If I end up missing the LHR-DXB flight, what are my options? I know Qantas are not obligated to accommodate me on another flight, but if there are empty seats in the same class of service later, will they generally put me on the later flight?

Or will I have to pay for a new ticket?

Cheers guys!

acrbag
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
You'd probably be better off asking this in the US forums, as it would be US that that would have to do it.

Dave
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Acrbag
I have a tight connection coming up from ARN-LHR-DXB .. The ARN-LHR flight is on a separate segment to my LHR-DXB flight.

Or will I have to pay for a new ticket?
On separate tickets, if you miss checkin for your second ticket then you will lose the ticket.

What time is your ARN-LHR flight scheduled to arrive?

Why don't you try to change your US award booking to ARN-LHR-DXB? Check if there is award availability on ARN-LHR.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:01 pm

How tight is your connection and when are you travelling? LHR is not the best airport for tight connections. You will also need to change terminals at LHR whether or not you are coming in on BA or SK. I would call up your ARN-LHR operator and pay the change fee to move to an earlier flight if possible.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you miss the flight , the operating airline might assist but is also quite likely to refer you back to the ticketing agent to rebook. US would then ( assuming the award permits it ) rebook you subject to change fee onto a service with award availability

If you are on separate tickets, allow plenty of time since the responsibility to be there in time for the LHR-DXB flight is all yours
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

Some friends recently missed a QF Manila-Syd flight, booked in J using points. They missed it due to late connecting flight, separate PNR. QF made them buy a new cash ticket for the next day.

US might look after you, but I'd be trying to get your flights into one ticket or I'd allow a lot of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.