Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beardoc
Qantas Maintenance Hangar Tour. Numbers are limited (max 30). Location: Main Myrtletown Rd, Brisbane Airport, QLD 4008, Map: http://r.whereis.com/4ECcIBC
All attendees needed to supply QF WP with Scan of Photo ID, Full Name, Date of Birth & Full Address.

GOLD: Attendees: (plus QF status)
  1. QF WP - Gold
  2. Bundy Bear - Gold
  3. jojen - Plat
  4. jojen +1 - Plat
  5. SQ421 - Plat
  6. RichardMEL - Plat 1
  7. tuapekastar - Gold
  8. serfty - Plat
  9. Princesss fiona - Plat
  10. samh004 - Plat 1
  11. samh004 +1 - Bronze
  12. Bluesky - Bronze
  13. thadocta - Bronze
  14. caviack - Plat
  15. Kiwia1 - Plat
  16. penegal - Plat
  17. beardoc - Plat
  18. d00t - Plat
  19. madrooster - Plat
  20. JohnSydney2000 - Plat
  21. kpc - Plat
  22. moa999 - Plat
  23. Hvr - Plat
  24. Willyroo -
  25. boomy - Plat 1
  26. Cathaana -
  27. FlashKiwi - Plat
  28. MartinMemo
    Waitlist Cleared
Rules to follow on the day:

The following are requirements for any visitors without Red ASIC’s to Brisbane Base Maintenance (H3)
  • Drivers Licence (or Passport, 18+ card) with photo showing details above.
  • Closed in footwear is required to enter the facility.

This is not something that you can just rock up to on the day. You will not have access and you'll be the only one(s) disappointed.
Originally Posted by QF WP
I'm not going to be chasing people up by PM/email/phone etc. You're all adults and I'm not your parent or teacher ...you'll just miss out and maybe we'll see you at the QP for a drink where you'll hear all about it. Your loss...
I have updated the Wiki at the top of the page with this information.

Qantas Staff:
  • Regional GM, Qld & NT,
  • Head of Customer Experience, Brisbane,
  • Digital Media Co-ordinator
Print Wikipost

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Enjoy the weekend guys and gals...

Alas I have a rather more interesting trip planned for early March. I might even do a trip report as at the moment it includes 3K, CX, UL, MH, CX and QF. Nothing terribly long haul though on any one segment. But it makes PER-BNE impractical both from a financial and domestic tranquility point of view.

And remember to quickly post any upcoming "features" explained by the many QF representatives... Still waiting for PER-SIN to be restarted...

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Alas I have a rather more interesting trip planned for early March. I might even do a trip report as at the moment it includes 3K, CX, UL, MH, CX and QF. Nothing terribly long haul though on any one segment. But it makes PER-BNE impractical both from a financial and domestic tranquility point of view.
That sounds remarkably like a BA Excursion Fare!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Last post was 16 Jan and last activity was 23 Jan - mustn't want to come
Sorry QF WP, I only returned to Australia after a mammoth RTW trip on the 20th and than since then I've been busy with some house keeping, family matters and uni.

I'm still a Silver at this stage as I need to confirm what my mate's plans for the cricket are before saying I'm confirmed for this event. I already have my BNE-CNS flight booked for Sunday JQ932 dep 1310pm. I am still to book my flights down as I'm waiting to find out what flight my mate is looking to fly down on.

I will confirm things in the next few days, things are a still a little hectic for me at the moment. I will be at the airport for a bit after landing so will say hi to all the early birds in the lounge at the very least.

Can I confirm that I'm number 16 for the tour at the moment?

Also I'm now WP with QFF. And with the number of WPs around I think we have guesting numbers for the J Lounge and annoy all the J pax and other WPs hahah.

Last edited by caviack; Feb 8, 2015 at 3:09 am Reason: Change in status.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:56 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Shall I put you down as a Silver attendee
With a waitlist for Gold (LTG) please.

QF WP would you please call it a Hangar, not a Hanger...
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by caviack
Sorry QF WP, I only returned to Australia after a mammoth RTW trip on the 20th and than since then I've been busy with some house keeping, family matters and uni.

I'm still a Silver at this stage as I need to confirm what my mate's plans for the cricket are before saying I'm confirmed for this event. I already have my BNE-CNS flight booked for Sunday JQ932 dep 1310pm. I am still to book my flights down as I'm waiting to find out what flight my mate is looking to fly down on.

I will confirm things in the next few days, things are a still a little hectic for me at the moment. I will be at the airport for a bit after landing so will say hi to all the early birds in the lounge at the very least.

Can I confirm that I'm number 16 for the tour at the moment?

Also I'm now WP with QFF. And with the number of WPs around I think we have guesting numbers for the J Lounge and annoy all the J pax and other WPs hahah.
Confirmed you are number 16 for the tour - but you are still Silver and must let me know by Saturday 14th COB if you are Gold or Bronze. I have been instructed by the RGM that they need a list of real names so they have them on file well before the Hangar Tour operates.

Have noted your outbound flight details but not updated post #2 until you confirm Gold. If you confirm Gold, I will await your inbound flight details and then update list accordingly.

Nice to see you're WP now . Guesting numbers may be required if you want to hang out in the QP prior to pick up for the Hangar Tour. You can put your card away when we return after the Hangar Tour as attendees names will be on the list at the front desk.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 8, 2015 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by willyroo
With a waitlist for Gold (LTG) please.
The waitlist now has been extended to those =>30, so you're confirmed Gold.

QF WP would you please call it a Hangar, not a Hanger...
Duly changed ^

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 9, 2015 at 6:41 am
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: QF LTG/WP, VA WP, TK GE, IHG Diamond, Marriot Titainium
Gold for both (if there is room on the Hangar tour).

I have to pick up a friend at OOL in the morning (she didn't realise that OOL was over 100km from my house) so if anybody is coming thru OOL I can pick them up.

FlashKiwi
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF, HHons.
Unfortunately (for me) I've had to move to Bronze. Fortunately that opens up another spot on the tour. Thanks QF WP for your great effort each year. Looking forward to 2016's AGM.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Devastating news PeteJ, all I can say is you'll have to live vicariously through our posts and photos of the event.

One mans' bad news is anothers' good news.

I have updated post #1 and also realised I hadn't taken out SFSC. So now boomy and cathaana should be happy.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 9, 2015 at 7:55 pm Reason: added edit (last sentence)
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I've been looking at the ferry service that I am looking to run, in order to get arriving attendees across to the Hangar. Based on the fact that my car (Subaru Forester) can take 4 pax, it looks like I'll need to do at least 3 runs and given they'll take 15 minutes in total (there and back) - I'm thinking it may be doable, but only just...

Now there may be some that want to share a taxi from the airport around there - should be ~$10 to $12 all-in fare. Attendees can gather in the QP until ~1:15pm then head down to the taxi rank. There will also be Red Roo and possibly another from QF SYD, so they'll probably share a taxi on QF dime. There may also be others who are on the Gold list who haven't given me their flight details....

The others that are already here in BNE may need to find their own way there, or I could do a final run to pick them up....

On our way back to the QP, there will be additional resources (RGM and CEM Brisbane will also have cars) but ordering Maxi Taxis from the QF Maintenance Hangar for the balance may be the best option.

What is everybody's thoughts??
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
(back on deck after a weekend doing a long winded trans tasman jaunt on QF/EK so catching up)

again thanks for all the hard work QF WP - greatly appreciated (and drift caught like a glass of Dom )

re your logistical thoughts on getting us all to/fro - that's a great idea and wonderful of you to try and get as many of us over there. Since it seems kpc and I may be the latest arriving on flights (~1335) it may well be that we wait for the 3rd run, or heck maybe Red Roo will also be on that flight (of course, we probably wouldn't know!! ).

It all sounds brilliant either way and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.. tour a wonderful bonus in my book!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
As I posted upthread, I could drive a hire car if required...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: QF LTG/WP, VA WP, TK GE, IHG Diamond, Marriot Titainium
I can fit 4 and happy to drive across to the hangar. As I am now #31 on the list I may have to bring a chilly bin with some cold liquid refreshments, fold-up chair and watch the proceeding at the fence by binoculars :-(

FlashKiwi

I've been looking at the ferry service that I am looking to run, in order to get arriving attendees across to the Hangar. Based on the fact that my car (Subaru Forester) can take 4 pax, it looks like I'll need to do at least 3 runs and given they'll take 15 minutes in total (there and back) - I'm thinking it may be doable, but only just...

Now there may be some that want to share a taxi from the airport around there - should be ~$10 to $12 all-in fare. Attendees can gather in the QP until ~1:15pm then head down to the taxi rank. There will also be Red Roo and possibly another from QF SYD, so they'll probably share a taxi on QF dime. There may also be others who are on the Gold list who haven't given me their flight details....

The others that are already here in BNE may need to find their own way there, or I could do a final run to pick them up....

On our way back to the QP, there will be additional resources (RGM and CEM Brisbane will also have cars) but ordering Maxi Taxis from the QF Maintenance Hangar for the balance may be the best option.

Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA

I arrive in BNE relatively early, am happy to 'fit in' to best suit the group, be it lift, taxi, camel, whatever. Looks like a tad too far to walk, otherwise I'd be up for that.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: VA
I would love to come if there is a spare +1 for me. I am local (gold coast). Can catch the train in, but am seeing that there might be need for a car. I could drive in - have a 7 seater Pajero - the last row is very small so prob closer to 5 or 6 seater with luggage.

Otherwise I am happy just to come along to the QP if there is a spot

Last edited by MartinMemo; Feb 10, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.